Quantcast

2.0.3 code/string freeze is POSTPONED

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Darn it, we did not make the deadline, and there are flurries of new
topics and discussions today.

I'd like to make it only 24 hours, but there are other impediments,
e.g., somebody to do the tarballs. Will discuss on team@ and announce
later.

Thanks,
Vaughan

2.0.3 code/string freeze is POSTPONED AGAIN

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Sorry, all, but I want to do another 24 hour postponement, to 22:00 UTC
on January 17. I've had major interruptions the past few days, but also...

There's still ongoing discussion about tarballs for 2.0.3. I'm fine with
desynchronizing them, but it's obviously better not to do so.

But much more importantly, I've noticed now that Richard didn't just
copy the var-rate code to allow libresample and libsamplerate do
const-rate resampling. I don't understand why they differ, and think
they should match. It actually looks like what was copied was from an
old revision, so reintroduces some bugs that had been fixed. Richard?

Sorry,
Vaughan

2.0.3 code/string freeze is *slightly* POSTPONED AGAIN

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
I think we've resolved the issue with tarballs. String translations have
continued to come in.

Still an open question about why Richard's added code for const-rate
resampling for libresample or libsamplerate differs from their code for
var-rate. I think they should be the same. Asked Richard about this
yesterday. Will wait a half hour or so to see if Richard can answer this
in time, and if not, I'll make it the way I think it should be, and then
I think we're ready for string/code freeze.

Am I missing anything essential for freeze?

Thanks,
Vaughan

2.0.3 code/string freeze is ON!

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Okay, I think I resolved the problems in the Resample code. String/code
freeze is now on. Hope we can complete manual/release notes freeze by
22:00 UTC on January 18, then start building rc1. Thanks!

- Vaughan

Re: [Audacity-devel] 2.0.3 code/string freeze is ON!

MartynShaw
Audacity Manual for 2.0.3 rc1 now done and uploaded to
http://code.google.com/p/audacity/downloads/list

Martyn

On 18/01/2013 00:29, Vaughan Johnson wrote:

> Okay, I think I resolved the problems in the Resample code. String/code
> freeze is now on. Hope we can complete manual/release notes freeze by
> 22:00 UTC on January 18, then start building rc1. Thanks!
>
> - Vaughan

Re: [Audacity-devel] 2.0.3 code/string freeze is ON!

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Thanks, Martyn!

- V

On 1/18/2013 12:48 PM, Martyn Shaw wrote:

> Audacity Manual for 2.0.3 rc1 now done and uploaded to
> http://code.google.com/p/audacity/downloads/list
>
> Martyn
>
> On 18/01/2013 00:29, Vaughan Johnson wrote:
>> Okay, I think I resolved the problems in the Resample code. String/code
>> freeze is now on. Hope we can complete manual/release notes freeze by
>> 22:00 UTC on January 18, then start building rc1. Thanks!
>>
>> - Vaughan

Audacity 2.0.3 Windows Release Candidate 1 now available!

MartynShaw
Hi

The Release Candidate for Audacity 2.0.3 is now available at
http://code.google.com/p/audacity/downloads/list?sort=-uploaded

Please test the installer and/or zip versions in both a fresh
directory and over the top of previous recent and older versions if
you can, on any Windows version 2000/XP and later.

If you have a problem or any feedback, please let us know on
[hidden email].

Thanks
Martyn