Accidentally Deleted Track... And saved.

Accidentally Deleted Track... And saved.

Jon Chen
Hi guys,

So, I just was in an interview with someone which I recorded. I was going through it and did save the file, but then since I am new to audacity when I was closing, I pressed the x on the track and deleted (thinking it was already saved). My real mistake was when closing the program and prompted to save changes, I idiotically just pressed yes since its a natural reflex...

Been searching how to recover the track thru the aup.bak file, but haven't been able to do anything with it since the new .aup file is blank, the temp folder is blank and there seems to be no evidence I ever recorded anything... BESIDEs the aup.bak file which I opened in notepad and has a bunch of script I can't understand.

Please help!!!