Audacity File Too Fast

xarzu
I made an audio recording with Audacity but before I had a chance to save the file, the power cord to my computer was accidently knocked out. So I downloaded and tryed the recovery program to get the sound file back and I saved the file. That worked. But when I played the file back it the audio sounded speeded up as if Alvin and the Chipmunks were talking. Any advice on how to fix the file / recording?

Let me pose the question a different way.

I have a audio recording that, when I play it back, it is too fast. How do I change the play back speed so that it sounds more normal?