Audacity compiled with visual studio 2015

Audacity compiled with visual studio 2015

David Bailes-3
Has anyone on the list got a build of Audacity compiled with visual studio 2015 (or 2017) which they could make available for me to download? It doesn't have to be up to date with the latest commits, and it doesn't matter what version of wxWidgets it uses.

Background: There is currently a problem using the "creators" update of windows 10, that Audacity can crash when using the Jaws screen reader. Window 10 is not officially listed as a target for visual studio 2013, so I wanted to check if this is the problem.

thanks,
David.

Re: Audacity compiled with visual studio 2015

Robert Hänggi
I guess it isn't easy to adapt it to VS 15/17.
Last time that I've tried, it succeeded in 18 projects and failed in 5.
WXWidgets had a good "Migration" report after importing but had also
some problems building afterwards.
Someone was able to build with  VS2015, if I don't err.

I would be happy to migrate to 2017 since NVDA does for some strange
reason refuse to read the editor content in VS2013.

Robert

On 05/06/2017, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone on the list got a build of Audacity compiled with visual studio
> 2015 (or 2017) which they could make available for me to download? It
> doesn't have to be up to date with the latest commits, and it doesn't
> matter what version of wxWidgets it uses.
>
> Background: There is currently a problem using the "creators" update of
> windows 10, that Audacity can crash when using the Jaws screen reader.
> Window 10 is not officially listed as a target for visual studio 2013, so I
> wanted to check if this is the problem.
>
> thanks,
> David.

Re: Audacity compiled with visual studio 2015

Vaughan Johnson-4
Thanks for this, David and Robert.  I've been thinking about this, too, since release of 2017 version.  Heuristic has always been to be a version behind, waiting for the inevitable patches. So probably we should be at VS2015, I'm guessing. RM's decision whether it's important for next release. -- V