[Audacity-devel] Please translate website for 1.2.4/1.3.0 release

[Audacity-devel] Please translate website for 1.2.4/1.3.0 release

dmazzoni
Translators,

We are getting ready to release Audacity 1.2.4 and 1.3.0 within a few
days (goal: Monday, November 28).  In preparation for this, we have
made several additions to the website that we would like translated.

Preview the new website:
* http://audacity.sourceforge.net/newsite/

The audacity_website.pot file to translate:
* http://audacity.sourceforge.net/newsite/locale/audacity_website.pot

Existing website translations:
* http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/audacity/htdocs/locale/

Send the updated .po file directly to me, not to the list.

IF YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE TIME, please consider translating only the
following strings.  You can even translate them here and email it to
me (add your translation to the "msgstr" lines; I will update the
translation for you.  I would strongly prefer the .po file, of course.

Finally, everyone please note the new Audacity forum - http://
audacityteam.org/forum/ - with sections for questions in French,
Spanish, and Russian.  (German already has a forum.)  Please help
answer questions in your own language, and contact me if you would
like to be a moderator.

- Dominic

#: download/index.php:9 download/main.inc.php:11 main.inc.php:31
msgid "Download"
msgstr ""

#: download/index.php:41 index.php:56 main.inc.php:39
msgid "Beta"
msgstr ""

#: download/index.php:42
msgid "For advanced users"
msgstr ""

#: download/index.php:25 main.inc.php:33
msgid "Stable"
msgstr ""

#: download/index.php:26
msgid "For all users"
msgstr ""

#: include/news.inc.php:41
msgid "Audacity 1.2.4 and 1.3.0 Released"
msgstr ""

#: include/news.inc.php:42
msgid ""
"<p>Audacity 1.2.4 is a new stable version of Audacity.  It includes
a couple "
"of bug fixes and minor improvements and is recommended for all
users.  "
"Audacity 1.3.0 is a beta release that contains hundreds of <a href=\"/"
"download/features-1.3-a\">new features</a>, but this version is
unfinished "
"and unstable, and is recommended primarily for advanced users.  You
can "
"install both Audacity 1.2 and 1.3 simultaneously.</p>\n"
"<p>See the <a href=\"/download/release-notes\">1.2.4 Release Notes</
a> for a "
"complete list of changes and known problems in Audacity 1.2.4, or
see <a "
"href=\"/download/features-1.3-a\">New Features in 1.3</a> for
information "
"about the new beta version.</p>\n"
"<p>Finally, the best way to get help with Audacity is now the new\n"
"<a href=\"http://audacityteam.org/forum/\">Audacity Forum</a>.\n"
"</p>"
msgstr ""

#: download/betawarning.inc.php:9
msgid "Beta warning"
msgstr ""

#: download/betawarning.inc.php:10
msgid ""
"Audacity 1.3 is an unstable, beta version of Audacity.  Users who
want a "
"completely stable, finished program should be using Audacity 1.2.
Audacity "
"1.3 has hundreds of new features, but some features may be
incomplete or "
"confusing, it is more likely to crash, and you are more likely to
lose "
"data.  You can install both Audacity 1.2 and 1.3 on the same machine."
msgstr ""

#: download/betawarning.inc.php:11
msgid ""
"Audacity 1.3 is available in many languages, but most translations
are "
"incomplete.  Words and phrases which have not been translated yet
will "
"appear in English."
msgstr ""

#: help/index.php:20
msgid "New!"
msgstr ""

#: help/index.php:22
msgid ""
"Have questions?  Post them to the <a href=\"http://audacityteam.org/
forum/"
"\">Audacity Forum</a>."
msgstr ""

#: download/betafeatures.inc.php:9
msgid "Click here to read about new features in Audacity 1.3."
msgstr ""

#: download/features-1.3-a.php:9 download/features-1.3-b.php:49
#: download/features-1.3-g.php:67
msgid "New features in Audacity 1.3"
msgstr ""

#: download/features-1.3-a.php:17
msgid "New features"
msgstr ""

Re: Please translate website for 1.2.4/1.3.0 release

Pennywize
Hi Dominic,

the german translation ist ready. I've send it to you, to dominic (at)
audacityteam dot org. it´s a zip file (compressed with 7zip) and contains
two files
audacity_website(de).po and audacity_website(de).mo.

Could you do me a favour (and the other german mods) and upload it to the
new website. we want to do a check on the original website.

Thx a lot

Karsten

> [...]
> msgstr ""
>
> #: help/index.php:20
> msgid "New!"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: help/index.php:22
> msgid ""
> "Have questions?  Post them to the <a href=\"http://audacityteam.org/
> forum/"
> "\">Audacity Forum</a>."
> msgstr ""
>
> #: download/betafeatures.inc.php:9
> msgid "Click here to read about new features in Audacity 1.3."
> msgstr ""
>
> #: download/features-1.3-a.php:9 download/features-1.3-b.php:49
> #: download/features-1.3-g.php:67
> msgid "New features in Audacity 1.3"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: download/features-1.3-a.php:17
> msgid "New features"
> msgstr ""

Re: Please translate website for 1.2.4/1.3.0 release

German and Finnish are now uploaded, thanks!

- Dominic