[Audacity-help] No Sound

Andrew Schow
I just recieved my ION ITTUSB Turntable, with Audacity.  When I open Audacity and choose record, the software shows something is recording, but there is no sound.  There is no sound for either record or play back.

Please help

Andrew Schow

Re: [Audacity-help] No Sound

audacity-help mailing list

    | From Andrew Schow
    | Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:21:08 -0800 (PST)
    | Subject: [Audacity-help] No Sound
    | I just recieved my ION ITTUSB Turntable, with Audacity.  When I open
    | Audacity and choose record, the software shows something is
    | recording, but there is no sound.

Edit > Preferences > Audio I/O tab: enable "Software Playthrough"
to hear the turntable while recording.

    | There is no sound for ....  play back.

On the same Audio I/O tab, change the Playback Device explicitly to your
inbuilt sound or to whatever sound device you have your speakers plugged
into. Make sure the recording device is explicitly set to the turntable.
If you are on Windows do not choose "Microsoft SoundMapper" for either
playback or recording device.

Gale Andrews

Outbound message virus free.
Tested on: 11/4/2006 7:59:49 PM

Re: [Audacity-help] No Sound

Andrew Schow
Thank you for the help.  I have it working/sounding well now.

Andy Schow

[hidden email] wrote:

| From Andrew Schow
| Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:21:08 -0800 (PST)
| Subject: [Audacity-help] No Sound
| I just recieved my ION ITTUSB Turntable, with Audacity. When I open
| Audacity and choose record, the software shows something is
| recording, but there is no sound.

Edit > Preferences > Audio I/O tab: enable "Software Playthrough"
to hear the turntable while recording.

| There is no sound for .... play back.

On the same Audio I/O tab, change the Playback Device explicitly to your
inbuilt sound or to whatever sound device you have your speakers plugged
into. Make sure the recording device is explicitly set to the turntable.
If you are on Windows do not choose "Microsoft SoundMapper" for either
playback or recording device.

Gale Andrews

Outbound message virus free.
Tested on: 11/4/2006 7:59:49 PM

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Re: [Audacity-help] No Sound

Jeff
hi,

was tearing my hair out until I found this page. mine was the same as Andrew's. many thanks.

regards,

jeff
sydney, australia