Audacity's menu on Unity

Matteo Panozio
Why does Audacity use its own menu bar instead of the global menu in Unity? I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 and Audacity 2.1.2

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: Audacity's menu on Unity

Because there was a bug previously that if the Audacity menus
were in the "global menu", then the menus did not display any
shortcuts.

However in Ubuntu 14.04 and Audacity 2.1.3-alpha, this does
not seem to be a problem. Perhaps the change to wxWidgets 3
has cured it.

If you want the Audacity menus in the "global menu", launch
Audacity from the terminal with

env UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=1 audacity

or change the corresponding line in Audacity's desktop file
(in /usr/share/applications/) to =1.

Gale Andrews