Building Audacity on Linux with Audacity's patched Widgets

Building Audacity on Linux with Audacity's patched Widgets

James suggests on:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/User:James/Building_on_Ubuntu

that at some future time we might build Audacity on Linux using
the Audacity fork of wxWidgets at:
https://github.com/audacity/wxWidgets/tree/audacity-fixes .

I tried this on Ubuntu 16.04 as it became necessary to reinstall
Ubuntu on my main machine. The Audacity fork of wxWidgets
gives very strange results, with toolbar grab handles, slider
"ticks" and Track Control Panel borders taking on an orange
colour, and visual corruption in Device Toolbar.

Does this happen on Ubuntu 14.04, James?

So I'm back with the official wxWidgets 3.0.2 now.

Screenshot from 2017-03-09 18-05-11.png (80K) Download Attachment

Re: Building Audacity on Linux with Audacity's patched Widgets

James Crook
On 3/9/2017 7:30 PM, Gale Andrews wrote:

> James suggests on:
> http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/User:James/Building_on_Ubuntu
>
> that at some future time we might build Audacity on Linux using
> the Audacity fork of wxWidgets at:
> https://github.com/audacity/wxWidgets/tree/audacity-fixes .
>
> I tried this on Ubuntu 16.04 as it became necessary to reinstall
> Ubuntu on my main machine. The Audacity fork of wxWidgets
> gives very strange results, with toolbar grab handles, slider
> "ticks" and Track Control Panel borders taking on an orange
> colour, and visual corruption in Device Toolbar.
>
> Does this happen on Ubuntu 14.04, James?
I've not tried it.

If the patches were correctly #ifdeffed there should be zero difference
between our branch compiled on Linux and official 3.0.2. So at least one
of our changes isn't correctly #ifdeffed.  I had a quick look, but
nothing leapt out.