Can't open Metadata Editor before export

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Can't open Metadata Editor before export

Gale
Administrator
In HEAD, it seems no longer possible to open Metadata Editor before
export. Edit > Metadata... is greyed out even if you have imported a file
containing metadata. This is not the case in DA. All that is needed
there to ungrey Edit > Metadata is to have an audio track.

This is a problem because the only workaround for
http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=551

is no longer available.

Are you planning some new metadata feature or planing to fix
bug 551, James? If not I think this is P1 because of the impact on
bug 551, and because it is a regression.



Gale

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Audacity-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Can't open Metadata Editor before export

Peter Sampson-2
I confirm the same on my W10 with latest alpha.

I too spotted this is passing while i was working on the Mp3 documentation
in the Manual.  I made a brief not and was planning to test more tomorrow.

So a good catch Gale,

Peter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Audacity-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Can't open Metadata Editor before export

James Crook
In reply to this post by Gale
On 4/11/2017 7:03 PM, Gale Andrews wrote:

> In HEAD, it seems no longer possible to open Metadata Editor before
> export. Edit > Metadata... is greyed out even if you have imported a file
> containing metadata. This is not the case in DA. All that is needed
> there to ungrey Edit > Metadata is to have an audio track.
>
> This is a problem because the only workaround for
> http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=551
>
> is no longer available.
>
> Are you planning some new metadata feature or planing to fix
> bug 551, James? If not I think this is P1 because of the impact on
> bug 551, and because it is a regression.
I've no metadata or 551 plans for 2.2.0.

I fixed the greying out bug with:
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/22d448203b2de0994698671dd68f801b4ee1cf25
Thanks for reporting it.

--James.




>
>
> Gale
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Audacity-quality mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Audacity-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Can't open Metadata Editor before export

Peter Sampson-2


On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 7:46 PM, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 4/11/2017 7:03 PM, Gale Andrews wrote:
> In HEAD, it seems no longer possible to open Metadata Editor before
> export. Edit > Metadata... is greyed out even if you have imported a file
> containing metadata. This is not the case in DA. All that is needed
> there to ungrey Edit > Metadata is to have an audio track.
>
> This is a problem because the only workaround for
> http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=551
>
> is no longer available.
>
> Are you planning some new metadata feature or planing to fix
> bug 551, James? If not I think this is P1 because of the impact on
> bug 551, and because it is a regression.
I've no metadata or 551 plans for 2.2.0.

I fixed the greying out bug with:
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/22d448203b2de0994698671dd68f801b4ee1cf25
Thanks for reporting it.


Wow, that was bloomin' quick service ;-))

Peter.
 
--James.




>
>
> Gale
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Audacity-quality mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Audacity-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Audacity-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-quality
Loading...