Quantcast

Cannot resize Plot Spectrum anymore

Pander
Dear all,

I cannot resize the Plot Spectrum window anymore. See
https://i.imgur.com/5OewO4c.png

Resizing the window only effects the width. This was reported for up to
date Ubuntu with Audacity version 2.1.2-1build1

Please fix this as this renders parts of Audacity completely useless.

Thank,

Pander

Re: Cannot resize Plot Spectrum anymore

Please note our bug reporting address:
http://www.audacityteam.org/contact/#feedback .

I can resize Plot Spectrum vertically in our 2.1.3-alpha
development code on Ubuntu 14.04. What version of
Ubuntu do you have? What screen resolution is your
monitor? Have you tried building Audacity from the
latest source code in case the problem is only in the
repository build?

Is the issue that you can resize down but not back up,
because you lose the grab handle?

Gale Andrews

On 2017-01-03 14:35, Gale Andrews wrote:
> Please note our bug reporting address:
> http://www.audacityteam.org/contact/#feedback .

Okay, thank. I will answer your question here first.

> I can resize Plot Spectrum vertically in our 2.1.3-alpha
> development code on Ubuntu 14.04. What version of
> Ubuntu do you have?

16.04.1 up to date

What screen resolution is your
> monitor?

HP 1920 x 1080

Have you tried building Audacity from the
> latest source code in case the problem is only in the
> repository build?

no, just using it out of the box and before this worked properly.

> Is the issue that you can resize down but not back up,
> because you lose the grab handle?

By default it is already resized too height so the handle at the bottom
of the screen is off the screen (below the screen). I only have access
to the handle at the top of the screen but that doesn't allow me to
resize down in order to move up the window.

If you have a PPA or DEB file for the 2.1.3 alpha build on Ubuntu, I am
willing to test that.

Thanks,

Pander

> Gale Andrews
>

> On 3 January 2017 at 05:13, Pander <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I cannot resize the Plot Spectrum window anymore. See
>> https://i.imgur.com/5OewO4c.png
>>
>> Resizing the window only effects the width. This was reported for up to
>> date Ubuntu with Audacity version 2.1.2-1build1
>>
>> Please fix this as this renders parts of Audacity completely useless.
>>
>> Thank,
>>
>> Pander

Re: Cannot resize Plot Spectrum anymore

Pander wrote
On 2017-01-03 14:35, Gale Andrews wrote:
> Please note our bug reporting address:
> http://www.audacityteam.org/contact/#feedback .

Okay, thank. I will answer your question here first.

> I can resize Plot Spectrum vertically in our 2.1.3-alpha
> development code on Ubuntu 14.04. What version of
> Ubuntu do you have?

16.04.1 up to date

What screen resolution is your
> monitor?

HP 1920 x 1080

Have you tried building Audacity from the
> latest source code in case the problem is only in the
> repository build?

no, just using it out of the box and before this worked properly.

> Is the issue that you can resize down but not back up,
> because you lose the grab handle?

By default it is already resized too height so the handle at the bottom
of the screen is off the screen (below the screen). I only have access
to the handle at the top of the screen but that doesn't allow me to
resize down in order to move up the window.

If you have a PPA or DEB file for the 2.1.3 alpha build on Ubuntu, I am
willing to test that.
It is not our build but you can find one here:
https://launchpad.net/~audacity-team/+archive/ubuntu/daily .

On a 1024*600 netbook on Ubuntu 14.04 using 2.1.3-alpha the Plot
Spectrum window is fully on screen so I can access the downwards resizing
handle. This is using the "Unity" interface.

On 2017-01-11 22:06, Gale wrote:

> Pander wrote
>> On 2017-01-03 14:35, Gale Andrews wrote:
>>> Please note our bug reporting address:
>>> http://www.audacityteam.org/contact/#feedback .
>>>

>> Okay, thank. I will answer your question here first.
>>
>>> I can resize Plot Spectrum vertically in our 2.1.3-alpha
>>> development code on Ubuntu 14.04. What version of
>>> Ubuntu do you have?
>>
>> 16.04.1 up to date
>>
>> What screen resolution is your
>>> monitor?
>>
>> HP 1920 x 1080
>>
>> Have you tried building Audacity from the
>>> latest source code in case the problem is only in the
>>> repository build?
>>
>> no, just using it out of the box and before this worked properly.
>>

>>> Is the issue that you can resize down but not back up,
>>> because you lose the grab handle?
>>
>> By default it is already resized too height so the handle at the bottom
>> of the screen is off the screen (below the screen). I only have access
>> to the handle at the top of the screen but that doesn't allow me to
>> resize down in order to move up the window.
>>
>> If you have a PPA or DEB file for the 2.1.3 alpha build on Ubuntu, I am
>> willing to test that.
>
> It is not our build but you can find one here:
> https://launchpad.net/~audacity-team/+archive/ubuntu/daily .
>
> On a 1024*600 netbook on Ubuntu 14.04 using 2.1.3-alpha the Plot
> Spectrum window is fully on screen so I can access the downwards resizing
> handle. This is using the "Unity" interface.
>

> Gale

The PPA does not offer 2.1.3, only 2.1.2. And that build has the same
unfortunately result in GNOME.

Do you have a link to where to find that 2.1.3 build?

On 2017-01-11 22:06, Gale wrote:
> Pander wrote
>> On 2017-01-03 14:35, Gale Andrews wrote:
>>> Please note our bug reporting address:
>>> http://www.audacityteam.org/contact/#feedback .
>>>

>> Okay, thank. I will answer your question here first.
>>
>>> I can resize Plot Spectrum vertically in our 2.1.3-alpha
>>> development code on Ubuntu 14.04. What version of
>>> Ubuntu do you have?
>>
>> 16.04.1 up to date
>>
>> What screen resolution is your
>>> monitor?
>>
>> HP 1920 x 1080
>>
>> Have you tried building Audacity from the
>>> latest source code in case the problem is only in the
>>> repository build?
>>
>> no, just using it out of the box and before this worked properly.
>>

>>> Is the issue that you can resize down but not back up,
>>> because you lose the grab handle?
>>
>> By default it is already resized too height so the handle at the bottom
>> of the screen is off the screen (below the screen). I only have access
>> to the handle at the top of the screen but that doesn't allow me to
>> resize down in order to move up the window.
>>
>> If you have a PPA or DEB file for the 2.1.3 alpha build on Ubuntu, I am
>> willing to test that.
>
> It is not our build but you can find one here:
> https://launchpad.net/~audacity-team/+archive/ubuntu/daily .
>
> On a 1024*600 netbook on Ubuntu 14.04 using 2.1.3-alpha the Plot
> Spectrum window is fully on screen so I can access the downwards resizing
> handle. This is using the "Unity" interface.
>

> Gale

The PPA does not offer 2.1.3, only 2.1.2.
The builds are named "2.1.2+". If you look in Audacity > About Audacity...
in the PPA you installed, it should say 2.1.3-alpha of recent date.

Pander wrote

And that build has the same unfortunately result in GNOME.
On the same netbook I mentioned, Plot Spectrum is on screen if I change
to GNOME Flashback (Compiz).

Perhaps others here on Ubuntu may try it. If / when I boot to Ubuntu 16.04
with a larger monitor, I'll look there.

Is Plot Spectrum the only vertically resizable dialogue with this problem?

Gale