Change your wxWidgets headers for Mac

Paul Licameli
At commit bc281fa, I changed one of the patches that are applied to wxWidgets source on Mac when you follow the first time procedures for building Audacity.

If you have already done the build procedure on Mac, then you can simply do this:

Edit the files
/usr/local/include/wx-3.0.2-debug/wx/osx/cocoa/private.h
/usr/local/include/wx-3.0.2-release/wx/osx/cocoa/private.h

In each, find NotifyFullScreen and change its return type from bool to void.

I think you do not need to recompile wxWidgets because the function's return value was never used.

This will then allow the next commit, 776e4dfd to rebuild Audacity in Xcode without error.

This change will cause the Xcode build no longer to forgive the mistake of returning no value from a non-void function, the sort of mistake I committed a few times, causing builds to break on other platforms.

Re: Change your wxWidgets headers for Mac

Cliff Scott
Thanks Paul.  I noticed here that in "include" it says "wx-3.0-release" even though the file dates in that directory are 12-7-2016. I know that I built it back then and all the patches are active in Audacity so it seems strange that the directory name is still 3.0. I guess the old adage, if it isn't broke then don't fix it applies. I still changed the files as you instructed.

Cliff