Compiling Audacity on Windows 10 using Visual Studio Community 2017

Compiling Audacity on Windows 10 using Visual Studio Community 2017

Ivano Arrighetta-3
As in the subject, how do I compile Audacity on Windows 10 using Visual
Studio Community 2017?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bye, Ivano.

Re: Compiling Audacity on Windows 10 using Visual Studio Community 2017

Visual Studio 2017 is unsupported. Instructions for compiling with the
supported Visual Studio 2013 are at:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Developing_On_Windows .

Mark Young who sometimes posts here might be able to comment
as I think he has tried VS2017. I understand there is a simple way
if you already have VS2013 installed to use the VS2013 build engine
within the improved VS2017 interface. See:
http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/Windows-Development-td7579009.html .

However if you are only going to install VS2017 I think you will have
a number of problems, similar to those experienced if you only install
VS2015:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Building_Audacity_on_Visual_Studio_2015 .

Gale Andrews