Quantcast

Connie now prefers sentence case for shortcuts

Connie now prefers sentence case for shortcuts

Peter Sampson-2
Until recently Connie had a preference for capitalizing shortcuts.

There was some discussion about this between Peter and Gale on one of
the Manual pages:
http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Selecting_Audio_-_the_basics

James pointed out that in Audacity's GUI we use sentence case with the first letter
only capitalized (for each element of the shortcut).
See Edit>Preferences>Keyboard in the app.

I noticed the same and agree with James that thus we should use sentence case for
shortcuts in the Manual - for consistency between app and documentation.

Accordingly I have re-educated Connie:
http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Consistency#The_shortcut_highlight

This leaves me with a lot of work to catch and update all the shortcuts in the Manual.

I'm not sure yet if I can entirely trust the "Replace text" tool - so I may end up doing
this manually (as I did recently for the 2.2.0 menu template items).

So please bear with me on this - by all means flag any pages you see in passing
that you think need such attention with a P1.

Cheers,

Re: Connie now prefers sentence case for shortcuts

Peter Sampson-2
A quick search shows a mere 194 pages to be tackled ...

Re: Connie now prefers sentence case for shortcuts

Peter Sampson-2
And I'm holding off right now - just in case anyone seriously objects ...

Re: [Audacity-manual] Connie now prefers sentence case for shortcuts

I don't object. The new Shortcut template is clearer than it was,
so sentence case should stand out sufficiently now.

I can start writing "Shift" instead of "SHIFT" in posts.

Gale