Creating tracks

audacity-users mailing list
Dear Sir/Mam

I have Audacity 2.0.

I have recorded a side of an album and I cannot figure out how to edit in the tracks. Can someone help me figure it out simply.

Thank You
Mark

 I have recorded an
The Creator is hidden within the creation that was created. Shemuel

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: Creating tracks

audacity-users mailing list
This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0

I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have recorded.
So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0

Thank you.

engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

[...]

Federico Miyara

Mark,

If by "tracks" you mean the tracks of a CD (note that "track" has a different meaning in Audacity), you must first partition the recording into the parts you mean to be on each track and then export them to wav files.

You can select a part, song or whatever by left-clicking at the beginning and dragging up to the end of the part. Then you can adjust the exact beginning
or end time by getting close with the mouse pointer to either limit until a small hand appears and then dragging for increased precision. You can also zoom in or out with the maginifier glass with a + or a -. Finally, you can adjust for zero crossings with menu Edit / Find zero crossings (or Z) to prevent clicks at the beginning or end.

It is useful to add labels so that when you have several tracks you can go back to any of them without having to do again the precise selection. To this end select menu Tracks / Add Label at Selection. A Label track will be created. You can add a name or brief description to the label so that it will be easy to recall the content leter.

Once you are comfortable with your selection, go to menu File / Export selected audio, provide a name for track and save as WAV, signed, 16 bit.

When you're done with all your tracks, you can proceed to burn your CD (using a different program).

Just in case you may want to reprocess your work, you should save it as a project, which will allow to open it again and change things.

This are very basic guidlines, you'll be able to have your album on CD just as you have recorded it, but this is only the beginning. To get more than a casual CD you'll have to apply several effects and mastering techniques that require considerable knowledge and  experience. If you are really serious about it you should at least watch or read several tutorials or hire a knowledgeable person who can guide you.

Regards,

Federico

On 20/06/2017 17:23, M A via Audacity-users wrote:
[...]

Linda W.
M A via Audacity-users wrote:
> This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use
> Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0
>
> I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have
> recorded.
> So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0
How did you record a side of an album?