DarkAudacity Menu Rearrangement.

James Crook
I've put the menu rearrangement from DarkAudacity into github master.

* The 'P' shortcut for Pause does not work yet, because I have Pause
twice, once in record submenu and once in play submenu. Plenty of time
to fix that before 2.2.0.
* The new in 2.1.3 'Type to Create a Label' has moved into the Edit menu
under labels.
* 'Save Other' has submenu items that go straight to saving MP3, WAV OGG.

It's a starting point for further refinement, and there are likely to be
changes and fixes.  I suggest that manual team do not update the
relevant menus in the alpha manual yet, as:

a) There are likely to be further changes.
b) We may be able to automate capture of the menus via scripting.

Re: DarkAudacity Menu Rearrangement.

Peter Sampson-2
James wrote:
>It's a starting point for further refinement, and there are likely to be
>changes and fixes.  I suggest that manual team do not update the
>relevant menus in the alpha manual yet, as:
>
>a) There are likely to be further changes.

Holding off until stabilization was going to be my plan anyway  ;-))

>b) We may be able to automate capture of the menus via scripting.

We may well be able to capture the required images by scripting - but
would we be able to use scripting to generate the imagemaps that we
have now?

Peter,

On 3/20/2017 12:32 AM, Peter Sampson wrote:

> James wrote:
>> It's a starting point for further refinement, and there are likely to be
>> changes and fixes.  I suggest that manual team do not update the
>> relevant menus in the alpha manual yet, as:
>>
>> a) There are likely to be further changes.
> Holding off until stabilization was going to be my plan anyway  ;-))
>

>> b) We may be able to automate capture of the menus via scripting.
> We may well be able to capture the required images by scripting - but
> would we be able to use scripting to generate the imagemaps that we
> have now?
Yes.
I already generate an image map for ThemeCache.png

It does not save work overall the first time we do it, far from it, but
in principle it saves work when there are changes and 'everything has to
be done all over again'.