Dialogue to make selection when auto-select is off

Dialogue to make selection when auto-select is off

Can the dialogue text to make a selection when auto-select is off
be changed slightly when it appears in response to applying an
RTP effect with no time region present? Ctrl + A in the effect
will not help the user. The previous message told them to select
in the main project window.

Given the user already has the effect open in front of them,
I would propose dropping the name of the effect thus:

"Select some audio in the project window (for example,
click there then Ctrl + A to Select All) then try again."

Re: Dialogue to make selection when auto-select is off

Peter Sampson-2
I don't understand this Gale

When I test this the message traps me before I get into the effect
so once I cancel or OK the error message I can then just use Ctrl+A
to select all the audio :-//

Peter.

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can the dialogue text to make a selection when auto-select is off
be changed slightly when it appears in response to applying an
RTP effect with no time region present? Ctrl + A in the effect
will not help the user. The previous message told them to select
in the main project window.

Given the user already has the effect open in front of them,
I would propose dropping the name of the effect thus:

"Select some audio in the project window (for example,
click there then Ctrl + A to Select All) then try again."

Re: Dialogue to make selection when auto-select is off

Hi Peter,

I refer to RTP effects. Try Bass & Treble,  or SC4.

Gale

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Peter,

I refer to RTP effects. Try Bass & Treble,  or SC4.

Ahhhhh - now I see what you maen Gale :-)

On 10 June 2017 at 17:33, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't understand this Gale
>
> When I test this the message traps me before I get into the effect
> so once I cancel or OK the error message I can then just use Ctrl+A
> to select all the audio :-//
>
> Peter.
>

> On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Can the dialogue text to make a selection when auto-select is off
>> be changed slightly when it appears in response to applying an
>> RTP effect with no time region present? Ctrl + A in the effect
>> will not help the user. The previous message told them to select
>> in the main project window.
>>
>> Given the user already has the effect open in front of them,
>> I would propose dropping the name of the effect thus:
>>
>> "Select some audio in the project window (for example,
>> click there then Ctrl + A to Select All) then try again."

Re: Dialogue to make selection when auto-select is off

Stevethefiddle
I think the old message "You must select audio in the project window."
was accurate and to the point.

Steve