Quantcast

Error Message in PoEdit

Atsushi Yoshida
Hi,

I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.   When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.   Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Atsushi YOSHIDA

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

| From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
| Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:18:37 +0900
| Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.
> When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error
> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain
> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.
> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

I'll try to commit a fix to htdocs\download\features-2.0.php in a
few hours.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
On 2/29/2012 10:19 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:

> | From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
> | Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:18:37 +0900
> | Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
>> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.
>> When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error
>> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain
>> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.
>> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?
>
> I'll try to commit a fix to htdocs\download\features-2.0.php in a
> few hours.

Please do, but I guess I should not have committed it, as it's not yet
displayed anywhere, and it's not complete. I just wanted to commit the
early version. Sorry, I didn't know the repercussions.

So, please don't bother to translate it yet.

- Vaughan

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
PS: There will be lots of incremental changes in the next few days. I'm
gradually de-emphasizing and removing 1.2.6, so the whole site will be
much more 1.3.14-oriented. Then I'll do another sweep of changes to
replace 1.3.14 with 2.0. As these will happen in short order, probably
best to wait on translation until the 2.0 set is complete.

Thanks,
Vaughan

On 2/29/2012 11:37 AM, Vaughan Johnson wrote:

> On 2/29/2012 10:19 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
>>
>> | From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
>> | Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:18:37 +0900
>> | Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
>>> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.
>>> When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error
>>> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain
>>> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.
>>> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?
>>
>> I'll try to commit a fix to htdocs\download\features-2.0.php in a
>> few hours.
>>

> Please do, but I guess I should not have committed it, as it's not yet
> displayed anywhere, and it's not complete. I just wanted to commit the
> early version. Sorry, I didn't know the repercussions.
>
> So, please don't bother to translate it yet.
>

> - Vaughan

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Atsushi Yoshida
Gale and Vaughan,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I will wait a while for the next couple of days.

Atsushi YOSHIDA

2012/3/1 Vaughan Johnson <[hidden email]>
PS: There will be lots of incremental changes in the next few days. I'm
gradually de-emphasizing and removing 1.2.6, so the whole site will be
much more 1.3.14-oriented. Then I'll do another sweep of changes to
replace 1.3.14 with 2.0. As these will happen in short order, probably
best to wait on translation until the 2.0 set is complete.

Thanks,
Vaughan

On 2/29/2012 11:37 AM, Vaughan Johnson wrote:
> On 2/29/2012 10:19 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
>>
>> | From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
>> | Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:18:37 +0900
>> | Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
>>> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.
>>> When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error
>>> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain
>>> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.
>>> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?
>>
>> I'll try to commit a fix to htdocs\download\features-2.0.php in a
>> few hours.
>>

> Please do, but I guess I should not have committed it, as it's not yet
> displayed anywhere, and it's not complete. I just wanted to commit the
> early version. Sorry, I didn't know the repercussions.
>
> So, please don't bother to translate it yet.
>

> - Vaughan

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

| From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
| Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:37:00 +0900
| Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
> Gale and Vaughan,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.  I will wait a while for the next couple of
> days.

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to "fix"
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/features-2.0

even by putting the new text for 2.0 in single strings. So although
there is a new audacity_website.pot up, it has the same issue
and will give warnings when you update from it. .

\r is generated in the .pot going almost down to the bottom of the
features 2.0 page. I assume there probably isn't a fix given the
current length of that page without converting most of the page to
single strings, which then breaks the whole translation of it.

Possibly we don't need the features 2.0 page in that form anyway,
but I'll discuss it with Vaughan off-list.

Gale

> 2012/3/1 Vaughan Johnson <[hidden email]>
>
> > PS: There will be lots of incremental changes in the next few days. I'm
> > gradually de-emphasizing and removing 1.2.6, so the whole site will be
> > much more 1.3.14-oriented. Then I'll do another sweep of changes to
> > replace 1.3.14 with 2.0. As these will happen in short order, probably
> > best to wait on translation until the 2.0 set is complete.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vaughan

> > 2012/02/29.
> > contain
> > \r.

> > > Please do, but I guess I should not have committed it, as it's not yet
> > > displayed anywhere, and it's not complete. I just wanted to commit the
> > > early version. Sorry, I didn't know the repercussions.
> > >
> > > So, please don't bother to translate it yet.
> > >

> > > - Vaughan

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan Johnson
Thanks. Will let you know when they're ready.

- Vaughan

On 3/1/2012 5:37 AM, Atsushi YOSHIDA wrote:

> Gale and Vaughan,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.  I will wait a while for the next couple
> of days.
>
> Atsushi YOSHIDA
>
> 2012/3/1 Vaughan Johnson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     PS: There will be lots of incremental changes in the next few days. I'm
>     gradually de-emphasizing and removing 1.2.6, so the whole site will be
>     much more 1.3.14-oriented. Then I'll do another sweep of changes to
>     replace 1.3.14 with 2.0. As these will happen in short order, probably
>     best to wait on translation until the 2.0 set is complete.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Vaughan
>
>     On 2/29/2012 11:37 AM, Vaughan Johnson wrote:
>     > On 2/29/2012 10:19 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
>     >>
>     >> | From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >> | Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:18:37 +0900
>     >> | Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
>     >>> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file
>     2012/02/29.
>     >>> When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file,
>     an error
>     >>> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should
>     not contain
>     >>> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that
>     contains \r.
>     >>> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?
>     >>
>     >> I'll try to commit a fix to htdocs\download\features-2.0.php in a
>     >> few hours.
>     >>
>     >
>     > Please do, but I guess I should not have committed it, as it's not yet
>     > displayed anywhere, and it's not complete. I just wanted to commit the
>     > early version. Sorry, I didn't know the repercussions.
>     >
>     > So, please don't bother to translate it yet.
>     >
>     >
>     > - Vaughan
>     >

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan Johnson
I've simply removed features-2.0.php from SVN. It's not ready and has
caused problems.

- V

On 3/1/2012 10:23 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:

> | From Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
> | Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:37:00 +0900
> | Subject: [Audacity-translation] Error Message in PoEdit
>> Gale and Vaughan,
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestion.  I will wait a while for the next couple of
>> days.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't managed to "fix"
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/features-2.0
>
> even by putting the new text for 2.0 in single strings. So although
> there is a new audacity_website.pot up, it has the same issue
> and will give warnings when you update from it. .
>
> \r is generated in the .pot going almost down to the bottom of the
> features 2.0 page. I assume there probably isn't a fix given the
> current length of that page without converting most of the page to
> single strings, which then breaks the whole translation of it.
>
> Possibly we don't need the features 2.0 page in that form anyway,
> but I'll discuss it with Vaughan off-list.
>

> Gale
>

>> 2012/3/1 Vaughan Johnson <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> PS: There will be lots of incremental changes in the next few days. I'm
>>> gradually de-emphasizing and removing 1.2.6, so the whole site will be
>>> much more 1.3.14-oriented. Then I'll do another sweep of changes to
>>> replace 1.3.14 with 2.0. As these will happen in short order, probably
>>> best to wait on translation until the 2.0 set is complete.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Vaughan

>>> 2012/02/29.
>>> contain
>>> \r.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan wrote:
> I've simply removed features-2.0.php from SVN. It's not ready and has
> caused problems.
Thanks, Vaughan. Accordingly the "latest audacity_website.pot file" (last
updated 2 March 2012) from
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation is working again,
though as Vaughan suggested it may be better to wait on web site
translations until he lets you know the changes for 2.0 are complete.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Thanks, Gale!!

On 3/2/2012 5:11 PM, Gale (Audacity Team) wrote:

> Vaughan wrote:
>> I've simply removed features-2.0.php from SVN. It's not ready and has
>> caused problems.
> Thanks, Vaughan. Accordingly the "latest audacity_website.pot file" (last
> updated 2 March 2012) from
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation is working again,
> though as Vaughan suggested it may be better to wait on web site
> translations until he lets you know the changes for 2.0 are complete.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Atsushi Yoshida

As I was waiting for a while and finally tried to start Web translation again using the POT file dated 2012/03/18.   However, it still has the same problem, where \r escape sequences are included in the file and it generate many errors in Poedit program, so that I can't start translation.

Can anyone share with me whether you have the same problem and if so how to avoid it.

Thank you

Atsushi YOSHIDA

"Atsushi YOSHIDA" wrote:
>As I was waiting for a while and finally tried to start Web translation
>again using the POT file dated 2012/03/18.   However, it still has the same
>problem, where \r escape sequences are included in the file and it generate
>many errors in Poedit program, so that I can't start translation.
>
>Can anyone share with me whether you have the same problem and if so how to
> avoid it.
>>
>>2012/2/29 Atsushi YOSHIDA <[hidden email]>
>> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.
>>   When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error
>> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain
>> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.
>> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

The problem you had with the 29 February POT file has (I think) been fixed but a
new problem arose after adding a slash in news.inc.php which persists after removing the slash.
So my message here:
http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/Updated-Dutch-translations-tp7349091p7384260.html

still applies.

I have tried doing a search for \r in my local POT file and replace it with nothing in order to update
from POT, but that seems to create or leave behind other errors. If you can actually update the strings
(including the \r's) you might be able to remove the \r's within poedit (if that is what you use) but
if you try that I wouldn't translate more than one string to begin with because I am not convinced
the PO file would save correctly.

Vaughan said he would be looking at this problem, or I can try if he wishes.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Gale, thanks for your offer of help. Yes, please. Can't hurt to have
more attention on it. I haven't been able to get to it, but should be
able to later today.

- V

On 3/24/2012 1:05 PM, Gale (Audacity Team) wrote:

> "Atsushi YOSHIDA" wrote:
>> As I was waiting for a while and finally tried to start Web translation
>> again using the POT file dated 2012/03/18.   However, it still has the same
>> problem, where \r escape sequences are included in the file and it generate
>> many errors in Poedit program, so that I can't start translation.
>>
>> Can anyone share with me whether you have the same problem and if so how to
>> avoid it.
>>>
>>> 2012/2/29 Atsushi YOSHIDA &lt;ayoshida.pub@&gt;
>>> I am trying to work on Web site translation based on POT file 2012/02/29.
>>>   When I loaded the old po file and update it with the POT file, an error
>>> message came up, which said "Internationalized message should not contain
>>> \r escape sequence"   In fact, there are several lines that contains \r.
>>> Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?
>
> The problem you had with the 29 February POT file has (I think) been fixed
> but a
> new problem arose after adding a slash in news.inc.php which persists after
> removing the slash.
> So my message here:
> http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/Updated-Dutch-translations-tp7349091p7384260.html
>
> still applies.
>
> I have tried doing a search for \r in my local POT file and replace it with
> nothing in order to update
> from POT, but that seems to create or leave behind other errors. If you can
> actually update the strings
> (including the \r's) you might be able to remove the \r's within poedit (if
> that is what you use) but
> if you try that I wouldn't translate more than one string to begin with
> because I am not convinced
> the PO file would save correctly.
>
> Vaughan said he would be looking at this problem, or I can try if he wishes.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

@Vaughan, can I delete your -v pages from the server or do you still want any of them? The strings from those go in the website_POT file (unless I delete the -v pages locally) so it would at least make it easier to work on without those.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Atsushi Yoshida
Thank you Gale and Vaughan for your kind help.

=> To other translators,

By the way, aren't you facing the same problem?   If you are, I would like to know how to avoid it.   If you aren't, I would like to know why.

I am using Poedit on Windows 7, and character code setting is UTF-8.    If any of you use other tool that doesn't cause the problem, please let me know what tool you are using.

Thank you

Atsushi YOSHIDA

2012/3/25 Gale (Audacity Team) <[hidden email]>
@Vaughan, can I delete your -v pages from the server or do you still want any
of them? The strings from those go in the website_POT file (unless I delete
the -v pages locally) so it would at least make it easier to work on without
those.

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

humbert.olivier.1
Hi Atsushi, Gale, Vaughan and all,

> By the way, aren't you facing the same problem? If you are, I would like to know how to avoid it. If you aren't, I would like to know why.
> I am using Poedit on Windows 7, and character code setting is UTF-8. If any of you use other tool that doesn't cause the problem, please let me know what tool you are using.

I remove all the \r stuffs from my .po
It working well if I reopen the file with POedit.

I can notice two frustrating behaviours:

1) the \r characters should have been the only characters added to the string, leading to add the "fuzzy" tag in the .po file.
That means that if you're removing (like I've done) the \r characters, you will still have the chain character that it belong to tagged as "fuzzy" and therefore, you will need to validate them in POedit.

2) I'm not 100% sure that it's related to this same issue, but I'm getting that (see the file attached) with 77 errors of duplicate messages.

Hope that helps,
audacityvely,
Olivier

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

humbert.olivier.1
(file attached this time)

> By the way, aren't you facing the same problem? If you are, I would like to know how to avoid it. If you aren't, I would like to know why.
> I am using Poedit on Windows 7, and character code setting is UTF-8. If any of you use other tool that doesn't cause the problem, please let me know what tool you are using.

I remove all the \r stuffs from my .po
It working well if I reopen the file with POedit.

I can notice two frustrating behaviours:

1) the \r characters should have been the only characters added to the string, leading to add the "fuzzy" tag in the .po file.
That means that if you're removing (like I've done) the \r characters, you will still have the chain character that it belong to tagged as "fuzzy" and therefore, you will need to validate them in POedit.

2) I'm not 100% sure that it's related to this same issue, but I'm getting that (see the file attached) with 77 errors of duplicate messages.

Hope that helps,
audacityvely,
Olivier

audacity-log.txt (79K) Download Attachment

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Thomas De Rocker
Hi all

I'm working on Win7 64-bit with the portable version of PoEdit. I have the same error, but when i click "ok", it's gone. It's been there for a while, but it doesn't really bother me.

Regards

Thomas

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Atsushi Yoshida
Thanks Oliver and Thomas for your advise.

My problem is whether I can ignore the error message as Thomas said and whether I can delete "\r" as Oliver said.   I am afraid that those work arounds may lose the integrity of the po file.  Any advise?

Thanks
Atsushi Yoshida

2012/3/25 Thomas De Rocker <[hidden email]>
Hi all

I'm working on Win7 64-bit with the portable version of PoEdit. I have the same error, but when i click "ok", it's gone. It's been there for a while, but it doesn't really bother me.

Regards

Thomas

Re: Error Message in PoEdit

Atsushi Yoshida
By the way, what is the "\r" all about.   Unless I understand it correctly, it may not be easy to find a work around.   Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Atsushi YOSHIDA