Error

Alec Devonshire
I operate my P C in windows 10 and when i try operate the latest Audacity i get the following message: error while opening sound device. check the recording device (tape player)setting and project sample rate. please help  Alec

http://sdm.link/attshape
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: Error

Ben Taylor
After you launch Audacity go to the Audacity menu, find and open preferences. At the top of the list you will see "Device", clicking it will open a window that asks you to choose a "Playback" and "Record" device. Scroll through each sub-window until you see your particular interface which should be listed and the same for both functions (some people prefer to use different devices for record and playback but not usually). Now you can assign it to be the device for record and playback. Audacity should remember this the next time you launch it.

The recording device is what you are accessing through the interface device you just selected via USB, Firewire(Mac) or Thunderbolt(Mac only?), or analog means. It may be referring to your interface as the "Recording Device"??

Ben

OmniClassic Recording
"Have Mic, will Travel"
[hidden email]