Generator of Even Overtones v.2 - Nyquist plugin for Audacity

Generator of Even Overtones v.2 - Nyquist plugin for Audacity

igorche
Generator of Even Overtones v.2 - Nyquist plugin for Audacity

File: even-overtones-xtanh2.ny (in the attachment)

Compression curve: "02 even2-xtanh music a 0.2 k 30.0 u 0.0.png" (in the attachment)

even-overtones-xtanh2.ny (4K) Download Attachment
02 even2-xtanh music a 0.2 k 30.0 u 0.0.png (7K) Download Attachment

Can Fourier series be done with simrep

Paul Beach-2-3
Fourier series at a glance is here,

http://www.climatehoax.ca/fourier.htm

This will add sine waves, if n = 2 , peak = 0.6
but I can't simply add (hzosc p)  and (hzosc q).

(mult
(pwl .1 .3 .4)
(simrep (i n)
(hzosc p)
;(hzosc q)
))
--
  paul beach

Re: Can Fourier series be done with simrep

David R. Sky
Hi Paul,

The way you configured that looks like you keep adding together (hzosc p)
and (hzosc q) over and over, the same frequency values. You need to make
them so they're related to i somehow. For example, instead of (hzosc p)
you could do something like

(hzosc (* i 100))

You also have to be careful in the sense that your (mult (pwl ...)) comes
after you have simrep'ed sine waves. So if you add ten sine waves,
amplitude will be between -10 and +10 - so you'd need to mult the output
of simrep with at minimum the inverse of n, to prevent clipping.

I hope I understood your question.

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, paul beach wrote:

> Fourier series at a glance is here,
>
> http://www.climatehoax.ca/fourier.htm
>
> This will add sine waves, if n = 2 , peak = 0.6
> but I can't simply add (hzosc p)  and (hzosc q).
>
> (mult
> (pwl .1 .3 .4)
> (simrep (i n)
> (hzosc p)
> ;(hzosc q)
> ))

Re: Can Fourier series be done with simrep

Paul Beach-2-3
Hello Dave, what you suggested almost works. simrep seems to only work
with +, perhaps that makes sense, since it is additive. (Or is it a
bug?)

There is no output for (hzosc (* i 100))

The index has to be multiplied inside another parentheses.
Anyway it works, plug-in with defaults, below, sound like the low sound
of an accordian.

;nyquist plug-in
;version 1
;type generate
;name "No Name ..."
;action "Overtones..."
;control p "Fundamental" real "Frequency" 220 1 7000
;control n "repeat" int "times" 11 1 40

(mult
(pwl .1 .1 .4)
(simrep ( i n)
(hzosc (+ (* i p) p) )
))
--
  paul beach

Can't remove chinese menus

Paul Beach-2-3

I set up a pin yin editor, but now, all the file and menu buttons are in
Chinese. Uninstall >install > select English did not make any
difference. Is there any way to disable language preferences. I am not
very good at Chinese.

Re: Can't remove chinese menus

> From paul beach <[hidden email]>
> Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:38:44 -0700
> Subject: [Audacity-nyquist] Can't remove chinese menus
> I set up a pin yin editor, but now, all the file and menu buttons are in
> Chinese. Uninstall >install > select English did not make any
> difference. Is there any way to disable language preferences. I am not
> very good at Chinese.

Is this about the Nyquist IDE, Audacity or some other application?

Did you read this FAQ in the Manual:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_about_audacity.html#language  ?

Re: Can't remove chinese menus

Paul Beach-2-3
Thanks, I now have Audacity in English. It was not possible to look at
Nyquist or other applications.