German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

Gale
Administrator

Hi Daniel,

A German user has suggested that the current translation
of Edit > Labeled Audio as "Bearbeiten > Markiertes Audio"
is not appropriate because "Markiertes Audio" means that
a part of the audio track is selected with the mouse. The
trigger for Labeled Audio is that there should be a selection
in the label track.

Given "Textmarken" is used in Edit Menu as the translation of
"labels", would Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes Audio be better?
The user who complained thinks that is OK.


Thanks,



Gale

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Audacity-translation mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

Gale
Administrator
Hi Daniel,

Another German user has pointed out the same issue below to us
recently.

So unless I hear from you (or another German translator) I would
envisage making the proposed change to Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes
Audio the next time that de.po is committed.


Gale

Gale wrote
on January 18, 2014 Gale wrote:
 
Hi Daniel,

A German user has suggested that the current translation
of Edit > Labeled Audio as "Bearbeiten > Markiertes Audio"
is not appropriate because "Markiertes Audio" means that
a part of the audio track is selected with the mouse. The
trigger for Labeled Audio is that there should be a selection
in the label track.

Given "Textmarken" is used in Edit Menu as the translation of
"labels", would Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes Audio be better?
The user who complained thinks that is OK.


Thanks,



Gale
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

Daniel Winzen
Hi Gale,

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about this. The fixed translation is
attached to this message.

Thanks,
Daniel Winzen

On 31.01.2015 03:36, Gale wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Another German user has pointed out the same issue below to us
> recently.
>
> So unless I hear from you (or another German translator) I would
> envisage making the proposed change to Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes
> Audio the next time that de.po is committed.
>
>
> Gale
>
>
> Gale wrote
>> on January 18, 2014 Gale wrote:
>>  
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> A German user has suggested that the current translation
>> of Edit > Labeled Audio as "Bearbeiten > Markiertes Audio"
>> is not appropriate because "Markiertes Audio" means that
>> a part of the audio track is selected with the mouse. The
>> trigger for Labeled Audio is that there should be a selection
>> in the label track.
>>
>> Given "Textmarken" is used in Edit Menu as the translation of
>> "labels", would Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes Audio be better?
>> The user who complained thinks that is OK.
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>
>>
>> Gale
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/German-Translation-of-Edit-Labeled-Audio-tp7561240p7567219.html
> Sent from the audacity-translation mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
> sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
> hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
> look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
> _______________________________________________
> Audacity-translation mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation
--
Daniel Winzen
[hidden email]
My Websites:
https://launchpad.net/~q-d
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/User:Daniel
http://l10n.gnome.org/users/DanWin/
https://www.transifex.com/accounts/profile/DanWin/
https://github.com/DanWin
https://crowdin.net/profile/DanWin
http://www.lovelybooks.de/mitglied/DanWin1210/
You like my work? Please donate some bitcoins to 1CHvjeMJum2Zfd3JEdb35RUEdz1jjQvdPT thanks!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
Audacity-translation mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation

de.po.zip (94K) Download Attachment
signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

Ralf

Hi there,

In de.po I found and fixed a typo - "makriert" instead of "makiert". Updated the file using poedit, see attachment.

The translation "textmarkiertes Audio" sounds a little funny in the first place because according to http://www.duden.de/ - our main authority in German language - the word "textmarkiert" does not exist in German language atm. But never mind, the word makes sense and is less complicated and shorter than the alternative translations "Audio innerhalb von Textmarken" or "Audio in Textmarken".

Regarding the English phrases it occurred to me the usage of upper and lower case varies. Sometimes it's "labeled audio", sometimes "Labeled Audio" or "Labeled audio". Maybe it doesn't matter, just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Cheers,
Ralf

Am 08.02.2015 um 16:46 schrieb Daniel Winzen:

Hi Gale,

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about this. The fixed translation is
attached to this message.

Thanks,
Daniel Winzen

On 31.01.2015 03:36, Gale wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Another German user has pointed out the same issue below to us 
recently.

So unless I hear from you (or another German translator) I would 
envisage making the proposed change to Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes 
Audio the next time that de.po is committed. 


Gale


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
Audacity-translation mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation

de.po.zip (100K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

Gale
Administrator
Ralf wrote
Hi there,

In de.po I found and fixed a typo - "makriert" instead of "makiert".
Updated the file using poedit, see attachment.

The translation "textmarkiertes Audio" sounds a little funny in the
first place because according to http://www.duden.de/ - our main
authority in German language - the word "textmarkiert" does not exist in
German language atm. But never mind, the word makes sense and is less
complicated and shorter than the alternative translations "Audio
innerhalb von Textmarken" or "Audio in Textmarken".

Regarding the English phrases it occurred to me the usage of upper and
lower case varies. Sometimes it's "labeled audio", sometimes "Labeled
Audio" or "Labeled audio". Maybe it doesn't matter, just wanted to bring
it to your attention.

Cheers,
Ralf
Thanks, Daniel and Ralf.

I wasn't sure if another translation was coming so I checked the .po file
over and found these strings

   Joined labeled audio (points or regions)

   Copied labeled audio regions to clipboard

   Cut labeled audio regions to clipboard
 
   La&beled Audio

were still translated as "Markiertes Audio" so for consistency I changed those
four also to "Textmarkiertes Audio", updated the strings to latest audacity.pot
 and committed the file at
https://code.google.com/p/audacity/source/detail?r=13926 .


Gale


Am 08.02.2015 um 16:46 schrieb Daniel Winzen:
> Hi Gale,
>
> Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about this. The fixed translation is
> attached to this message.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel Winzen
>
> On 31.01.2015 03:36, Gale wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Another German user has pointed out the same issue below to us
>> recently.
>>
>> So unless I hear from you (or another German translator) I would
>> envisage making the proposed change to Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes
>> Audio the next time that de.po is committed.
>>
>>
>> Gale


de.po.zip (100K) <http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7567376/0/de.po.zip>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: German Translation of Edit > Labeled Audio

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Thanks, Gale. - Vaughan

On 2/22/2015 8:11 AM, Gale wrote:

> Ralf wrote
>> Hi there,
>>
>> In de.po I found and fixed a typo - "makriert" instead of "makiert".
>> Updated the file using poedit, see attachment.
>>
>> The translation "textmarkiertes Audio" sounds a little funny in the
>> first place because according to http://www.duden.de/ - our main
>> authority in German language - the word "textmarkiert" does not exist in
>> German language atm. But never mind, the word makes sense and is less
>> complicated and shorter than the alternative translations "Audio
>> innerhalb von Textmarken" or "Audio in Textmarken".
>>
>> Regarding the English phrases it occurred to me the usage of upper and
>> lower case varies. Sometimes it's "labeled audio", sometimes "Labeled
>> Audio" or "Labeled audio". Maybe it doesn't matter, just wanted to bring
>> it to your attention.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralf
>
> Thanks, Daniel and Ralf.
>
> I wasn't sure if another translation was coming so I checked the .po file
> over and found these strings
>
>     Joined labeled audio (points or regions)
>
>     Copied labeled audio regions to clipboard
>
>     Cut labeled audio regions to clipboard
>
>     La&beled Audio
>
> were still translated as "Markiertes Audio" so for consistency I changed
> those
> four also to "Textmarkiertes Audio", updated the strings to latest
> audacity.pot
>   and committed the file at
> https://code.google.com/p/audacity/source/detail?r=13926 .
>
>
> Gale
>
>
> Am 08.02.2015 um 16:46 schrieb Daniel Winzen:
>> Hi Gale,
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about this. The fixed translation is
>> attached to this message.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel Winzen
>>
>> On 31.01.2015 03:36, Gale wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> Another German user has pointed out the same issue below to us
>>> recently.
>>>
>>> So unless I hear from you (or another German translator) I would
>>> envisage making the proposed change to Bearbeiten > Textmarkiertes
>>> Audio the next time that de.po is committed.
>>>
>>>
>>> Gale
>
>
> de.po.zip (100K)
> &lt;http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7567376/0/de.po.zip&gt;
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/German-Translation-of-Edit-Labeled-Audio-tp7561240p7567598.html
> Sent from the audacity-translation mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
> with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
> Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=190641631&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> Audacity-translation mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=190641631&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Audacity-translation mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation