German translation for 2.2.0

Joachim Huffer
Hi,
I finished updating and revising the german translation for Audacity 2.2. It is 100% complete.

However, there are still several texts not included in the translation interface:

-In the 'Edit chains' Dialog, the 'Chains' listbox header is not translated.
-In the 'Tracks' dropdown menu, there is no translation possiblity for 'Mute/Unmute' and 'Pan'
-In the 'Ext-Bar' dropdown menu, there is no possibility to translate the header plus all items on first level (while all items on lower levels have translation)
-In the 'Ext-Command' dropdown menu, there is no possibility to translate the header plus all items on first level but the last one (while all items on lower levels have translation)

By the way, why do you not communicate when there is new translation work to do on this list?
If there is a mailing list for translators why should they always have to look on git to see if there are changes to the PO files? Or is there an easier way to get notified which I do not know yet?

Joachim

de.po (598K) Download Attachment

Re: German translation for 2.2.0

James Crook
Thanks for the German translation update Joachim.

On 7/22/2017 9:57 AM, Joachim Huffer wrote:

>   Hi,
> I finished updating and revising the german translation for Audacity 2.2.
> It is 100% complete.
>
> However, there are still several texts not included in the translation
> interface:
>
> -In the 'Edit chains' Dialog, the 'Chains' listbox header is not translated.
> -In the 'Tracks' dropdown menu, there is no translation possiblity for
> 'Mute/Unmute' and 'Pan'
> -In the 'Ext-Bar' dropdown menu, there is no possibility to translate the
> header plus all items on first level (while all items on lower levels have
> translation)
> -In the 'Ext-Command' dropdown menu, there is no possibility to translate
> the header plus all items on first level but the last one (while all items
> on lower levels have translation)
Thanks. I will look into those and make changes as needed.

> By the way, why do you not communicate when there is new translation work
> to do on this list?
I'm waiting to hear from the release manager for 2.2.0 what the schedule
is, and wanted to communicate that too.  There is a lot of change in
Audacity 2.2.0, so the plan is to do a small scale test release.  I
personally think strings for translation could well be changing after
that - before we get ready for release - but I do not know that for sure
yet.  There could well also be strings that we are taking out of the
.pot file, that aren't used, like "C-L".

> If there is a mailing list for translators why should they always have to
> look on git to see if there are changes to the PO files? Or is there an
> easier way to get notified which I do not know yet?
No, this is the right place for announcements about translations.

Some translators are on transifex and get update announcements through
that interface.  I will send an announcement here when I've added the
missing strings to the .pot.

Thanks for alerting me to new items which are not currently translatable.
If there are also items that need translation hints, that would be
helpful to know too.

--James.