Google form for feedback submissions.

James Crook

Gale many times has asked for a form to gather information from users and possibly direct them to FAQ items such as:

Is there a version for iPhone?
Do I have permission to use Audacity in a boook/film/course?
How do I hear the voices in this covert recording I made at rush hour in Picadilly Circus?
Do you have a translation of the manual into Chamicuro?

A Google form with the relevant fields seems to be something we could put together quite quickly.  The question is what are the relevant fields?

Operating System.
Version of Audacity.

I am:
- Reporting a bug
- Reporting a problem with the website.
- Reporting someone selling Audacity when it is available for free.
- Suggesting a new feature or improvement.
- Asking for help
- Asking if there is an iPhone version.
- Asking for permission
- Looking for a refund
- Saying thank you for Audacity.
- Other.

My name
My message
My email address.

I am thinking that with a bit of discussion we could come up with a form and try it out.

Re: Google form for feedback submissions.

Thanks, James. It's a suggestion, instead of the AutoResponder we
used to have.

"Looking for a refund" is pretty rare now.

"Reporting a problem with the website" could be "Reporting a problem
with the website or downloads".

Gale

On 22 March 2017 at 21:14, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gale many times has asked for a form to gather information from users and
> possibly direct them to FAQ items such as:
>
> Is there a version for iPhone?
> Do I have permission to use Audacity in a boook/film/course?
> How do I hear the voices in this covert recording I made at rush hour in
> Picadilly Circus?
> Do you have a translation of the manual into Chamicuro?
>

> A Google form with the relevant fields seems to be something we could put
> together quite quickly.  The question is what are the relevant fields?
>
> Operating System.
> Version of Audacity.
>
> I am:
> - Reporting a bug
> - Reporting a problem with the website.
> - Reporting someone selling Audacity when it is available for free.
> - Suggesting a new feature or improvement.
> - Asking for help
> - Asking if there is an iPhone version.
> - Asking for permission
> - Looking for a refund
> - Saying thank you for Audacity.
> - Other.
>
> My name
> My message
> My email address.
>
> I am thinking that with a bit of discussion we could come up with a form and
> try it out.

Re: Google form for feedback submissions.

Vaughan Johnson-4
Thanks, James.

So , Gale, is that a +1, i.e. , James answering the problem you cited?
 Going to follow up and do it?  Wouldn't it help reduce/expedite QA
workload?

Do the 2 people who speak Chamicuro have Audacity 2.1.3 yet?

pax,

On 3/26/2017 5:59 AM, Vaughan Johnson wrote:
> Do the 2 people who speak Chamicuro have Audacity 2.1.3 yet?
>
> pax,
Last I heard they were on 1.3.13, and they want the manual in Chamicuro
for that version.

On 26 March 2017 at 05:59, Vaughan Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks, James.
>
> So , Gale, is that a +1, i.e. , James answering the problem you cited?

I'd would be happy enough to have the autoresponder back. Because we
are not allowed an autoresponder, we have to do more work.

>  Going to follow up and do it?

No. I don't have the time nor am I well enough (the one follows from
the other, too).

Gale