Greyed out Tracks menu items

Stevethefiddle
Just been testing the new (today) code.

Should the default flags for
"Tracks > Mute/Unmute > "
and
"Tracks > Pan > "
be WaveTracksSelectedFlag

I've just tried this (SetDefaultFlags before and after this menu
group) and I've not noticed any problems (works as expected).

Re: Greyed out Tracks menu items

Peter Sampson-2
Testing on W10 audacity-win-r52f0f75-2.2.0-alpha-04-apr-17 I seem to
be getting erroneous behaviour.

1) get two mono tracks
2) Mute one of them
3) Tracks > Mute/Unmute > Unmute All Tracks
4) the muted track remains muted

this obtains even if I select all tracks with Ctrl+A after step 2

The Pan tracks appears to work - on selected tracks only - except when I have
a label track selected where it then appears to work on all audio tracks, none of
which are selected.

On 4 April 2017 at 12:03, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Testing on W10 audacity-win-r52f0f75-2.2.0-alpha-04-apr-17 I seem to
> be getting erroneous behaviour.
>
> 1) get two mono tracks
> 2) Mute one of them
> 3) Tracks > Mute/Unmute > Unmute All Tracks
> 4) the muted track remains muted

I've not been able to reproduce this on Linux.

Steve

On 4 April 2017 at 11:46, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just been testing the new (today) code.
>
> Should the default flags for
> "Tracks > Mute/Unmute > "
> and
> "Tracks > Pan > "
> be WaveTracksSelectedFlag

On the whole, I think so for Pan, but not for Mute, which says it is
for "All" tracks.

Gale

On 4 April 2017 at 12:21, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 April 2017 at 12:03, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Testing on W10 audacity-win-r52f0f75-2.2.0-alpha-04-apr-17 I seem to
>> be getting erroneous behaviour.
>>
>> 1) get two mono tracks
>> 2) Mute one of them
>> 3) Tracks > Mute/Unmute > Unmute All Tracks
>> 4) the muted track remains muted
>
> I've not been able to reproduce this on Linux.

Nor I on Windows 10. I tested mono and stereo tracks and all three
Solo button states.

Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?

Gale

>> this obtains even if I select all tracks with Ctrl+A after step 2
>>

>> The Pan tracks appears to work - on selected tracks only - except when I
>> have
>> a label track selected where it then appears to work on all audio tracks,
>> none of
>> which are selected.
>>
>> Peter

Re: Greyed out Tracks menu items

Cliff Scott

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 4 April 2017 at 12:21, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 4 April 2017 at 12:03, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Testing on W10 audacity-win-r52f0f75-2.2.0-alpha-04-apr-17 I seem to
>>> be getting erroneous behaviour.
>>>
>>> 1) get two mono tracks
>>> 2) Mute one of them
>>> 3) Tracks > Mute/Unmute > Unmute All Tracks
>>> 4) the muted track remains muted
>>
>> I've not been able to reproduce this on Linux.
>
> Nor I on Windows 10. I tested mono and stereo tracks and all three
> Solo button states.
>
> Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?

What happens on OSx 10.12.4 is:

1) Get two Mono Tracks
2) Mute the first track with button in track panel. Mute Button in track #1 indicates depressed, Solo Button in Track #2 is depressed.
3) Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks. Mute button in track #1 is now "undepressed" , but the Solo button in track two is still depressed.
4) Play and only track #2 is audible because of the Solo button still being depressed.

This is regression started in 2.1.3. Audacity 2.1.2 does not have the bug. You can see the error is that the Solo button is depressed when the Mute in the other track is depressed.

Cliff

Gale wrote:
>Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?

1) get a stereo track
2) split stereo track
3) mute one of them (doesn't matter which)
4) the Mute button for that one gets dpressed - the Solo button for the other gets depressed
5) waveform for the muted track is grayed
6) select Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks
7) muted buton on the previously muted track pops up
8) the previously muted track waveform remains gray
9) The Solo button for the previosly unmuted track remains depressed
10) press Play
11) only the previously unmuted (blue waveform) track plays, the previously muted (still gray) does not play

From which I infer that the Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks command
is not unmuting the previously muted track.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gale wrote:
>Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?

oh and
0) Solo button in Tracks Prefs remains at the default "Simple" setting

1) get a stereo track
2) split stereo track
3) mute one of them (doesn't matter which)
4) the Mute button for that one gets dpressed - the Solo button for the other gets depressed
5) waveform for the muted track is grayed
6) select Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks
7) muted buton on the previously muted track pops up
8) the previously muted track waveform remains gray
9) The Solo button for the previosly unmuted track remains depressed
10) press Play
11) only the previously unmuted (blue waveform) track plays, the previously muted (still gray) does not play

From which I infer that the Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks command
is not unmuting the previously muted track.

Re: Greyed out Tracks menu items

Cliff Scott

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 5:02 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gale wrote:
> >Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?
>
> 1) get a stereo track
> 2) split stereo track
> 3) mute one of them (doesn't matter which)
> 4) the Mute button for that one gets dpressed - the Solo button for the other gets depressed
> 5) waveform for the muted track is grayed
> 6) select Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks
> 7) muted buton on the previously muted track pops up
> 8) the previously muted track waveform remains gray
> 9) The Solo button for the previosly unmuted track remains depressed
> 10) press Play
> 11) only the previously unmuted (blue waveform) track plays, the previously muted (still gray) does not play
>
> From which I infer that the Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks command
> is not unmuting the previously muted track.

Actually to me it seems as if the Solo button being still depressed is the issue since the Mute button in the first track is now in the undepressed state, but the Solo overrides.

Cliff

> Peter

Re: Greyed out Tracks menu items

Thanks, Cliff and Peter.

On 4 April 2017 at 23:11, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Peter Sampson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Gale wrote:
>> >Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?
>

> oh and
> 0) Solo button in Tracks Prefs remains at the default "Simple" setting

OK, this is the issue, not which Audacity version it is - AFAICT, Unmute All
Tracks has only ever interacted correctly with the tracks when in "Standard"
Solo Button Mode (which is now called  "Multi-track"). It still does work
correctly in that mode. It was default in 2.1.2 but not in 2.1.3.

Likewise "Mute All Tracks" only works correctly in "Multi-track" mode.

Gale

>> 1) get a stereo track
>> 2) split stereo track
>> 3) mute one of them (doesn't matter which)
>> 4) the Mute button for that one gets dpressed - the Solo button for the
>> other gets depressed
>> 5) waveform for the muted track is grayed
>> 6) select Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks
>> 7) muted buton on the previously muted track pops up
>> 8) the previously muted track waveform remains gray
>> 9) The Solo button for the previosly unmuted track remains depressed
>> 10) press Play
>> 11) only the previously unmuted (blue waveform) track plays, the
>> previously muted (still gray) does not play
>>
>> From which I infer that the Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks command
>> is not unmuting the previously muted track.
>>
>> Peter

Re: Greyed out Tracks menu items

Cliff Scott

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 5:55 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Cliff and Peter.
>
> On 4 April 2017 at 23:11, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Peter Sampson
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> oh and
>> 0) Solo button in Tracks Prefs remains at the default "Simple" setting
>

> OK, this is the issue, not which Audacity version it is - AFAICT, Unmute All
> Tracks has only ever interacted correctly with the tracks when in "Standard"
> Solo Button Mode (which is now called  "Multi-track"). It still does work
> correctly in that mode. It was default in 2.1.2 but not in 2.1.3.
>
> Likewise "Mute All Tracks" only works correctly in "Multi-track" mode.

Ok, it works in Simple as well if you unmute by clicking on the depressed mute button. That brings up the Mute and Solo buttons. Just the Menu item "Unmute All" doesn't work. Could it be because in the simple mode the assumption is that only 2 tracks are involved so the menu item isn't likely to be used? It also works in Simple mode with 3 tracks because the Solo button isn't activated.

Cliff

> Gale
>

>>> 1) get a stereo track
>>> 2) split stereo track
>>> 3) mute one of them (doesn't matter which)
>>> 4) the Mute button for that one gets dpressed - the Solo button for the
>>> other gets depressed
>>> 5) waveform for the muted track is grayed
>>> 6) select Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks
>>> 7) muted buton on the previously muted track pops up
>>> 8) the previously muted track waveform remains gray
>>> 9) The Solo button for the previosly unmuted track remains depressed
>>> 10) press Play
>>> 11) only the previously unmuted (blue waveform) track plays, the
>>> previously muted (still gray) does not play
>>>
>>> From which I infer that the Tracks>Mute/Unmute>Unmute All Tracks command
>>> is not unmuting the previously muted track.
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: Greyed out Tracks menu items

David Bailes-3
On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Cliff and Peter.

On 4 April 2017 at 23:11, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Peter Sampson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Gale wrote:
>> >Perhaps Peter can provide more detailed steps ?
>

> oh and
> 0) Solo button in Tracks Prefs remains at the default "Simple" setting

OK, this is the issue, not which Audacity version it is - AFAICT, Unmute All
Tracks has only ever interacted correctly with the tracks when in "Standard"
Solo Button Mode (which is now called  "Multi-track"). It still does work
correctly in that mode. It was default in 2.1.2 but not in 2.1.3.

Likewise "Mute All Tracks" only works correctly in "Multi-track" mode.

Logged as bug 1624, and fixed:

David.

Gale