Hebrew translation for audacity?

afik Suffir
Fix the translations for Hebrew.
How can I do it, and get the files?

Thanks.

Hi, my name is Afik, I from Israel and im blind. Im using audacity on a Mac, and I want to

Re: Hebrew translation for audacity?

James Crook
Hi Afik.

Hebrew is a Right-to-left langauge, and we don't yet have good support
for right-to-left languages in Audacity.
I don't think the tools for translating Audacity are that easy to use
for blind people.

Some translators are using transifex, so you could look at that site.
Hebrew translation (no translation as yet) at
https://www.transifex.com/klyok/audacity/language/he/

--James.

On 7/22/2017 3:42 PM, afik Suffir wrote:

> Fix the translations for Hebrew.
> How can I do it, and get the files?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Hi, my name is Afik, I from Israel and im blind. Im using audacity on a Mac, and I want to

Re: Hebrew translation for audacity?

afik Suffir

Hi, I sent a request now to translate the Hebrew sections.
Can someone please accept me?

בברכה,
אפיק סופיר
חבר ומייסד קבוצת ק.מ.ח - כי דברים שרואים משם לא רואים מכאן
050-5782208

‫ב-22 ביולי 2017, בשעה 18:06, ‏‏⁨James Crook⁩ ‏<⁨[hidden email]⁩> כתב/ה:‬

Hi Afik.

Hebrew is a Right-to-left langauge, and we don't yet have good support for right-to-left languages in Audacity.
I don't think the tools for translating Audacity are that easy to use for blind people.

Some translators are using transifex, so you could look at that site.
Hebrew translation (no translation as yet) at https://www.transifex.com/klyok/audacity/language/he/

--James.

On 7/22/2017 3:42 PM, afik Suffir wrote:
Fix the translations for Hebrew.
How can I do it, and get the files?

Thanks.

Hi, my name is Afik, I from Israel and im blind. Im using audacity on a Mac, and I want to

Re: Hebrew translation for audacity?

afik Suffir

hi,

There is file, where I need to write the Hebrew after the English?
How it works?

[...]

Yuri Chornoivan
субота, 22 липня 2017 р. 19:10:23 EEST afik Suffir написано:
> hi,
>
> There is file, where I need to write the Hebrew after the English?
> How it works?

Hi,

There are two ways to translate Audacity, namely online and offline.

1. Online

Actually, the only need in file when you translate this way is to download the
results and send them to this mailing list.

You should click on "Hebrew" in the list of languages, then "Translate", read
the original string ("Untranslated string"), type the translation and press
the Tab key to go further.

When you are satisfied with the results of translation just go back to this
page

https://www.transifex.com/klyok/audacity/audacity/

Again, press "Hebrew" and click on "Download for use" and attach the
downloaded file to the message to this list.
However, it may happen that the Transifex interface is not optimized for
people with visual disfunctions. :(

2. Offline

The file can be found here:

https://github.com/audacity/audacity/raw/master/locale/he.po

It is not the best idea to translate it as the usual text file. Please
consider to use specialized editor. There are Mac-versions of popular editors
like

Lokalize:

http://shaforostoff.blogspot.com/2015/09/lokalize-for-windows-and-osx-with.html

poEdit:

https://poedit.net/download

OmegaT:

http://omegat.org/download

Virtaal:

http://virtaal.translatehouse.org/download.html

I guess these applications are much more suitable to use with screen reader
than Transifex.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

> בברכה,
> אפיק סופיר
> חבר ומייסד קבוצת ק.מ.ח - כי דברים שרואים משם לא רואים מכאן
> 050-5782208
> [hidden email]
> www.facebook.com/afik.sofir
>
> > ‫ב-22 ביולי 2017, בשעה 18:06, ‏‏⁨James Crook⁩ ‏<⁨[hidden email]⁩>
> > כתב/ה:‬
> >
> > Hi Afik.
> >
> > Hebrew is a Right-to-left langauge, and we don't yet have good support for
> > right-to-left languages in Audacity. I don't think the tools for
> > translating Audacity are that easy to use for blind people.
> >
> > Some translators are using transifex, so you could look at that site.
> > Hebrew translation (no translation as yet) at
> > https://www.transifex.com/klyok/audacity/language/he/
> >
> > --James.
> >
> > On 7/22/2017 3:42 PM, afik Suffir wrote:
> >> Fix the translations for Hebrew.
> >> How can I do it, and get the files?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >> Hi, my name is Afik, I from Israel and im blind. Im using audacity on a
> >> Mac, and I want to

Updated danish translation

scootergrisen
I give you updated danish translation for Audacity 2.2.0.

To be included in the comming test release so i can test it.

da.po (550K) Download Attachment