Help-answering pages broken

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help-answering pages broken

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
For a couple of days the help-answering pages
(http://www.audacityteam.org/help/) show no messages in the main window.
"Add/edit template" works, though.

-Vaughan


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very
own Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Audacity-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help-answering pages broken

dmazzoni
On Sep 15, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Vaughan Johnson wrote:
> For a couple of days the help-answering pages (http://
> www.audacityteam.org/help/) show no messages in the main window.  
> "Add/edit template" works, though.

Fixed.  DreamHost went down for a couple of hours earlier this week  
when L.A. had a power outage, and it looks like in the process some  
file permissions got screwed up.  I fixed that and it appears to be  
working now.

I'm glad to see that the Help system is being used - it's not  
perfect, but it seems to have the minimum features necessary to be  
helpful.  What features could I add that would make it easier?

- Dominic


> -Vaughan
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
> Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.  
> Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or  
> your very
> own Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/ 
> geronimo.php
> _______________________________________________
> Audacity-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-devel
>



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very
own Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Audacity-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help-answering pages broken

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
Dominic Mazzoni wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Vaughan Johnson wrote:
>
>> For a couple of days the help-answering pages (http://
>> www.audacityteam.org/help/) show no messages in the main window.  
>> "Add/edit template" works, though.
>
>
> Fixed.  DreamHost went down for a couple of hours earlier this week  
> when L.A. had a power outage, and it looks like in the process some  
> file permissions got screwed up.  I fixed that and it appears to be  
> working now.
>
> I'm glad to see that the Help system is being used - it's not  
> perfect, but it seems to have the minimum features necessary to be  
> helpful.  What features could I add that would make it easier?
>
> - Dominic


Thanks.

It's very useful. A bit slow to come up. And for some reason, Firefox
can't search in the lower frame. Might be nice to have categories of
templates, or some way to find them quickly. There have gotten to be
quite a few & I often have to look through most of the list to find the
right one.

-Vaughan


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very
own Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Audacity-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-devel