High Contrast or Hi Contrast

Peter Sampson-2
James has recently changed the pages in the Manual that talk about Themes to change
from "Hi Contrast" to "High Contrast".

However in the GUI, in Interface preferences, it is referred to as "Hi Contrast".

We should be being consistent with this one way or the other.

The High Life (was: High Contrast or Hi Contrast)

James Crook
I've made it consistent in interfaces prefs too.
Code has already been updated and you will see it in the next nightly.

Change is a result of a request from Cliff (supported by Gale).  I had thought 'Hi' was more idiomatic for Americans, but a bit of Googling suggests 'High' is better.

On 7/2/2017 10:33 AM, Peter Sampson wrote:
James has recently changed the pages in the Manual that talk about Themes
to change
from "Hi Contrast" to "High Contrast".

However in the GUI, in Interface preferences, it is referred to as "Hi
Contrast".

We should be being consistent with this one way or the other.

Re: The High Life (was: High Contrast or Hi Contrast)

Peter Sampson-2

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 10:52 AM, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've made it consistent in interfaces prefs too.
Code has already been updated and you will see it in the next nightly.

Change is a result of a request from Cliff (supported by Gale).  I had thought 'Hi' was more idiomatic for Americans, but a bit of Googling suggests 'High' is better.

WHOOPS - jumped the gun a bit - I'll get rid later of the two P1s that I placed in the Manual.  :-))

Peter.

On 7/2/2017 10:33 AM, Peter Sampson wrote:
James has recently changed the pages in the Manual that talk about Themes
to change
from "Hi Contrast" to "High Contrast".

However in the GUI, in Interface preferences, it is referred to as "Hi
Contrast".

We should be being consistent with this one way or the other.

Re: High Contrast or Hi Contrast

Cliff and I were discussing this and I agreed with Cliff that "High
Contrast" was much more understandable and appropriate. It also
makes clear that the theme is based on an actual High Contrast
theme - Windows High Contrast#2 (black).

James has changed the Prefs to match now.

Gale

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cliff and I were discussing this and I agreed with Cliff that "High
Contrast" was much more understandable and appropriate. It also
makes clear that the theme is based on an actual High Contrast
theme - Windows High Contrast#2 (black).

James has changed the Prefs to match now.

Yes I saw that.

I'm happy with either - I just want consistency.

And consistency we now have in this regard.