Horizontal Scroll.

jjsparey
I've scrolling horizontally through 2hrs and 15 minutes of audio looking for bird calls. At the moment I'm using shift+mouse wheel but it's not long before my fingers get tired (at which point I turn the mouse over and roll it along the desk).

Is there an easier way than this? something like holding down a forwards arrow or something less mechanical than having to constantly rotate the mouse wheel.

Thanks.

Re: Horizontal Scroll.

stan-7
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 13:44:02 -0700 (MST)
jjsparey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've scrolling horizontally through 2hrs and 15 minutes of audio
> looking for bird calls. At the moment I'm using shift+mouse wheel but
> it's not long before my fingers get tired (at which point I turn the
> mouse over and roll it along the desk).
>
> Is there an easier way than this? something like holding down a
> forwards arrow or something less mechanical than having to constantly
> rotate the mouse wheel.

If there is some visual characteristic of the bird songs that makes
them stand out, you could use ctrl-3 to zoom out until you can see a
lot of audio in order to pick them out.  Then click in them to put the
focus point there, and use ctrl-1 to zoom in so you can work with them.

http://sdm.link/oxford
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: Horizontal Scroll.

PageDown and PageUp scroll horizontally one screen at a time.

Provided there is no playback, you can user RIGHT or LEFT arrow
to move the position of the editing cursor by one pixel at a time (or
somewhat faster if you hold the key down). When the cursor reaches
the visible edge of the project window, the track will scroll.

Gale