How do I manually restore temp files?

PookyNMR
Hello there.

I was doing a simple recording of a meeting.  After the recording was done, I pushed stop.  After I pushed stop, I got the mouse pointer showing that endless spinning circle - program not responding.

Long story short, I had to force Audacity to quit.

Now, when I restart Audacity, I get a prompt asking me if I want to delete the temp files or manually restore them.

I've tried searching, but I can't find out how to manually restore these temp files and get my recording back.

Any help would be appreciated.

(I'm working on Windows Vista and the latest release (not beta) version of Audacity, if that helps.)

Thanks,

Nathan

Re: How do I manually restore temp files?

stephen
You probably figured this out, but with big .au files the pc goes into a "not responding" mode while it processing the big files.  The error messages goes away when Audacity has completed its processing from your last request.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to connect the data files to the audacity files, the two sets of files have lost their association link.  Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: How do I manually restore temp files?

Snake Recording