How to access individual samples?

rrh

How to access individual samples?

rrh
Is there a way to access and change the individual samples in the selected sound?

I've done just some very basic generate plugins so far, and now I have an idea for a process plugin, but I think I need to be able to alter individual samples.  I've tried to learn from some examples, but the ones that are simple enough for me to follow only apply transformations on the whole sound as a unit, and the ones that might do what I want are too complex for me to follow.

Is there some resource that will explain what I need to know?

Re: How to access individual samples?

edgar-rft

Hi rrh,

In the german audacity forum I have collected some additional manuals about XLisp
and especially the XLisp Object system - maybe this helps ...

http://audacity.fuchsi.de/download/edgar/nyquist/nyquist-doc/xlisp/xlisp-obj/index.html

I have to say that I know that there is a short description about sample access via
sound-fetch in Roger Dannenbergs Nyquist Manual but I myself haven't tried this
until now.

edgar