Link for alpha nighlies for Mac now gives an error

Link for alpha nighlies for Mac now gives an error

Peter Sampson-2
Please be aware that the link in our Wiki for Mac alpha nightlies on this page:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nightly_Builds

Now gives an error:
http://www.audacity.homerow.net/index.php?dir=mac/&sort=m_time&sort_mode=d

I am assuming this is because Leland has, as he warned us, turned off the server
that he uses for at least three weeks.

This not only looks bad - but it has an impact on QA testing as we approach semi-freddo.

Re: Link for alpha nighlies for Mac now gives an error

Stevethefiddle
I'm trying to get Mac nightlies on FossHub, but some problems at the
moment, and unfortunately Leland is not around at the moment to help.

When this is fixed, the Mac nightlies will be on this page, so perhaps
you could update the link Peter:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-Mac-Nightlies.html

Steve

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm trying to get Mac nightlies on FossHub, but some problems at the
moment, and unfortunately Leland is not around at the moment to help.

When this is fixed, the Mac nightlies will be on this page, so perhaps
you could update the link Peter:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-Mac-Nightlies.html

I would do this but as yet there are no nightlies stored there for Mac.

The corresponding Windows page does havean entry but is only al older one
from 14July

On 19 July 2017 at 14:11, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to get Mac nightlies on FossHub, but some problems at the
>> moment, and unfortunately Leland is not around at the moment to help.
>>
>> When this is fixed, the Mac nightlies will be on this page, so perhaps
>> you could update the link Peter:
>> https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-Mac-Nightlies.html
>

> I would do this but as yet there are no nightlies stored there for Mac.
>
> The corresponding Windows page does havean entry but is only al older one
> from 14July

We can't fix this until we've got the nightlies working again.

I can't fix the Mac nightlies until Audacity builds on my Mac.

Where's the best place to log this so that it gets prompt attention?

Steve

> Peter.
>

>> Steve
>>
>> On 17 July 2017 at 16:17, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Please be aware that the link in our Wiki for Mac alpha nightlies on
>> > this
>> > page:
>> > http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nightly_Builds
>> >
>> > Now gives an error:
>> >
>> > http://www.audacity.homerow.net/index.php?dir=mac/&sort=m_time&sort_mode=d
>> >
>> > I am assuming this is because Leland has, as he warned us, turned off
>> > the
>> > server
>> > that he uses for at least three weeks.
>> >
>> > This not only looks bad - but it has an impact on QA testing as we
>> > approach
>> > semi-freddo.
>> >
>> > Peter.

Mac Nightlies

Cliff Scott
If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.

Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

Stevethefiddle
Thanks for the offer Cliff, but I think that we really need to
discover why the build breaks at
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93

It may help Peter and other Mac testers if you made some unofficial
builds available through a file sharing site (for example dropbox),
though I'm not sure what the team's policy is about that. I'd think it
would be no problem if you emailed links directly to any of the
testers that ask (rather than posting links on this public list).

Steve

On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.
>
> Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

Bill Wharrie
Mac nightlies in Dropbox works for me, at least until we get something permanent.
— Bill

> On 2017/07/19, at 10:25 AM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the offer Cliff, but I think that we really need to
> discover why the build breaks at
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93
>
> It may help Peter and other Mac testers if you made some unofficial
> builds available through a file sharing site (for example dropbox),
> though I'm not sure what the team's policy is about that. I'd think it
> would be no problem if you emailed links directly to any of the
> testers that ask (rather than posting links on this public list).
>
> Steve
>
> On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.
>>
>> Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

Peter Sampson-2

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Bill Wharrie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mac nightlies in Dropbox works for me, at least until we get something permanent.

Would be fine for me too.

Peter

— Bill

> On 2017/07/19, at 10:25 AM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the offer Cliff, but I think that we really need to
> discover why the build breaks at
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93
>
> It may help Peter and other Mac testers if you made some unofficial
> builds available through a file sharing site (for example dropbox),
> though I'm not sure what the team's policy is about that. I'd think it
> would be no problem if you emailed links directly to any of the
> testers that ask (rather than posting links on this public list).
>
> Steve
>
> On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.
>>
>> Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

Cliff Scott
Could I have some "official" decision, probably off list, so I know what to do?

Cliff

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 9:25 AM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the offer Cliff, but I think that we really need to
> discover why the build breaks at
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93
>
> It may help Peter and other Mac testers if you made some unofficial
> builds available through a file sharing site (for example dropbox),
> though I'm not sure what the team's policy is about that. I'd think it
> would be no problem if you emailed links directly to any of the
> testers that ask (rather than posting links on this public list).
>
> Steve
>
> On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.
>>
>> Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

Cliff Scott
Is there a free version for Dropbox? Looking at dropbox.com it is only free for 30 days. I usually use Sendspace which is totally free for the amount I use it.

Cliff

On Jul 19, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Bill Wharrie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mac nightlies in Dropbox works for me, at least until we get something permanent.

Would be fine for me too.

Peter

— Bill

> On 2017/07/19, at 10:25 AM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the offer Cliff, but I think that we really need to
> discover why the build breaks at
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93
>
> It may help Peter and other Mac testers if you made some unofficial
> builds available through a file sharing site (for example dropbox),
> though I'm not sure what the team's policy is about that. I'd think it
> would be no problem if you emailed links directly to any of the
> testers that ask (rather than posting links on this public list).
>
> Steve
>
> On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.
>>
>> Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

James Crook
On 7/19/2017 11:12 PM, Cliff Scott wrote:
Is there a free version for Dropbox? Looking at dropbox.com <http://dropbox.com/> it is only free for 30 days. I usually use Sendspace which is totally free for the amount I use it.

It's not time limited.
The 30 day time limit is if you delete a version/copy and then change your mind.
There is also a limit of 2Gb.

--James.

https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93 <https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93>

On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email] [hidden email]> wrote:
If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.

Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

James Crook
...and you don't sign up for a (paid) plan at all.

(looks like I was misreading the 30 days, and you can only change your
mind about deleting a file if you are on one of the plans)

On 7/19/2017 11:49 PM, James Crook wrote:

> On 7/19/2017 11:12 PM, Cliff Scott wrote:
>> Is there a free version for Dropbox? Looking at dropbox.com
>> <http://dropbox.com/> it is only free for 30 days. I usually use
>> Sendspace which is totally free for the amount I use it.
>
> It's not time limited.
> The 30 day time limit is if you delete a version/copy and then change
> your mind.
> There is also a limit of 2Gb.

Re: Mac Nightlies

Cliff Scott
Well, I had good intentions and it built fine Monday evening, but just tried to build now and it failed.

"The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/Objects-normal/i386/xmlrole.o /Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/lib-src/expat/lib/xmlrole.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler"

I can send a log to someone if they would like to track it down. Otherwise I guess all we're all out of business for Mac testing as of now.

Cliff

On Jul 19, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Bill Wharrie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mac nightlies in Dropbox works for me, at least until we get something permanent.

Would be fine for me too.

Peter

— Bill

> On 2017/07/19, at 10:25 AM, Steve the Fiddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the offer Cliff, but I think that we really need to
> discover why the build breaks at
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/ef9745b93
>
> It may help Peter and other Mac testers if you made some unofficial
> builds available through a file sharing site (for example dropbox),
> though I'm not sure what the team's policy is about that. I'd think it
> would be no problem if you emailed links directly to any of the
> testers that ask (rather than posting links on this public list).
>
> Steve
>
> On 19 July 2017 at 15:02, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If people would like me to build nightlies on Mac I can do that until Leland gets back online. Please just let me know where to put them.
>>
>> Cliff

Re: Mac Nightlies

Cliff Scott
Got the Dropbox app and everything then found the build failed.

Error seems to be expat_config.h not found.

"CompileC build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/Objects-normal/i386/xmlrole.o /Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/lib-src/expat/lib/xmlrole.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    cd /Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
-x c -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0
-fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0
-Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O3 -Wno-missing-field-initializers
-Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-missing-braces
-Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-label
-Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-variable -Wunused-value
-Wno-empty-body -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow
-Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wno-constant-conversion
-Wno-int-conversion -Wno-bool-conversion -Wno-enum-conversion
-Wno-shorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof
-DHAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H -isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
-fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wdeprecated-declarations
-mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -g -Wno-sign-conversion
-Wno-infinite-recursion
-I/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/expat.hmap
-I../mac/config/i386/lib-src/expat -I../lib-src/expat/lib
-I/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Release/include
-I/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/DerivedSources/i386
-I/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/DerivedSources
-F/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Release
-MMD -MT dependencies -MF
/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/Objects-normal/i386/xmlrole.d
--serialize-diagnostics
/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/Objects-normal/i386/xmlrole.dia
-c
/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/lib-src/expat/lib/xmlrole.c
-o
/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/mac/build/Audacity.build/Release/expat.build/Objects-normal/i386/xmlrole.o
/Users/CMac/Downloads/Audacity/BuildEnvironment/audacity/lib-src/expat/lib/xmlrole.c:17:10: fatal error: 'expat_config.h' file not found
#include <expat_config.h>
         ^
1 error generated."

Cliff

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 5:53 PM, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ...and you don't sign up for a (paid) plan at all.
>
> (looks like I was misreading the 30 days, and you can only change your mind about deleting a file if you are on one of the plans)
>
> On 7/19/2017 11:49 PM, James Crook wrote:
>> On 7/19/2017 11:12 PM, Cliff Scott wrote:
>>> Is there a free version for Dropbox? Looking at dropbox.com <http://dropbox.com/> it is only free for 30 days. I usually use Sendspace which is totally free for the amount I use it.
>>
>> It's not time limited.
>> The 30 day time limit is if you delete a version/copy and then change your mind.
>> There is also a limit of 2Gb.
>>
>> --James.

Re: Mac Nightlies

Cliff Scott
Sorry! False alarm. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder when deleting the build folder in the mac directory of the local git tree. Restore the folder and it builds just fine.

Cliff