Links for LADSPA effects for Windows and Mac

Links for LADSPA effects for Windows and Mac

Peter Sampson-2

I've just been looking at a P1 in the Manual (which I think James placed there)
regarding broken links in the alpha Manual for LADSPA plug-ins for Mac and
Windows.  (Broken in the released 2.1.3 manual too BTW)

I have no idea of what these target URL loications should be.

I did try our Website pluf-ins page
http://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/

But when I tried to follow the link to the 90 Windows plug-ins,
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/LADSPA_plugins-win-0.4.15.exe
I got a red flashing message from McAfee saying:
    "Whoa! are you sure you want to go there ..."
So I didn't !

Any help or insight available on this?

Re: Links for LADSPA effects for Windows and Mac

I could not find those P1s.

The download links for Mac and Windows LADSPA plugins on
http://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/#ladspa
point to FossHub. If McAfee says that is dangerous perhaps
your McAfee definitions are out of date?

Gale

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
I could not find those P1s.

The download links for Mac and Windows LADSPA plugins on
http://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/#ladspa
point to FossHub. If McAfee says that is dangerous perhaps
your McAfee definitions are out of date?

Unlikely, McAfee update their installation my PC and MAc all the time.

So what are the links we should be using?

On 16 June 2017 at 11:14, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just been looking at a P1 in the Manual (which I think James placed
> there)
> regarding broken links in the alpha Manual for LADSPA plug-ins for Mac and
> Windows.  (Broken in the released 2.1.3 manual too BTW)
>
> I have no idea of what these target URL loications should be.
>
> I did try our Website pluf-ins page
> http://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/
>
> But when I tried to follow the link to the 90 Windows plug-ins,
> https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/LADSPA_plugins-win-0.4.15.exe
> I got a red flashing message from McAfee saying:
>     "Whoa! are you sure you want to go there ..."
> So I didn't !
>
> Any help or insight available on this?
>
> Peter

Re: Links for LADSPA effects for Windows and Mac

The Googlecode links are easily found:

* https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/audacity/LADSPA_plugins-win-0.4.15.exe

* https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/audacity/swh-plugins-mac-0.4.15.zip

but we deliberately switched the links to FossHub for obvious reasons.

I would report the issue to FossHub, especially if downloading Audacity
has the same issue:
https://www.fosshub.com/contact.html .

I just checked the Win and Mac LADSPA installers downloaded from
FossHub on VirusTotal. They have no hits and the checksums were correct.

I think it is McAfee who have questions to answer.

Re: Links for LADSPA effects for Windows and Mac

Peter Sampson-2
To fix this I switched the links to our Website Download page LADSPA section.
That way we only have to update one place, not three.

See:
http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Effect_Menu
and
http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Effect_Menu:_LADSPA

That's another two P1s cleared from the Manual :-))

Peter.