Quantcast

M-Audio Fast track pro

Claude007
First I never had a problem using audacity with voice recording or using audacity with wav or mp3 file. I am trying to use Audacity to record the guitar through M-Audio. For some reason I can not get audacity to record. I do see fast track pro in the preference which I select. I tried with microphone, line in, stereo mix, mono mix, and the others and it does not work. Some one with any suggestion? Thank you Claude

Re: M-Audio Fast track pro

Gale (Audacity Team)
Administrator
Make sure you have the latest drivers and download and read the manual from M-Audio (select USB Audio Series in the first box):
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver

M-Audio products don't usually work with Windows XP Media Center Edition - what operating system are you on?

You need to choose "M-Audio USB codec" or similar name in Recording Device in Audacity Preferences. I suspect it will not provide input options in the Audacity Mixer Toolbar, if you see such options there then you are still picking up your usual sound device. Restart Audacity and try selecting M-Audio as recording device again.

Try the Forum:
http://www.audacityteam.org/forum/

if you need more help - someone there may have direct experience of the device, but we do know of people using it with Audacity so it should work. Please update to the latest version of Audacity from our web site.

Re: M-Audio Fast track pro

Claude007
My operating system is Windows XP Media Center Edition.
So it seems that I might have a problem.
I did download the driver and the selection is giving me on audacity under preference are "fast track pro in s/pdif" and the other is "fast trak pro in 1/2"
I did try both and with every combination using the microphone, aux, line in and so forth.
Just can get it to work.
Any other suggestion?
Thank you for helping
Claude

Re: M-Audio Fast track pro

Gale (Audacity Team)
Administrator
Unfortunately the plain fact according to M-Audio is that they don't support Media Center Edition:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=24dfdfc72b87a76e44bb230c809fef0c

If you don't have any other production computer, you might be advised to try and return the product and try another, but lack of support for MCE is endemic. That's why I suggested trying the Forum. Or you could even Google for "audio interface + Media Center Edition" and see what you find. Failing all else, live with the limitations of your inbuilt sound device which presumably records, and record one track at a time, and mix them in Audacity.

Re: M-Audio Fast track pro

Choi
hi. i am trying to record audio using audacity with m-audio fast track pro. my OS is Windows 7. I've downladed drivers for my fast track pro. but the problem is, audacity can't detect the fast track pro in the interface section. meaning i'm not able to record audio. how do i troubleshoot this? thanks.

choi.

Re: M-Audio Fast track pro

Gale (Audacity Team)
Administrator
"Choi"  NOT SUBSCRIBED wrote:
> i am trying to record audio using audacity with m-audio fast
> track pro. my OS is Windows 7. I've downladed drivers for
> my fast track pro. but the problem is, audacity can't detect the
> fast track pro in the interface section. meaning i'm not able to
> record audio. how do i troubleshoot this?

What version of Audacity are you using (Help > About Audacity)?  We recommend the latest Beta (1.3.12) or Windows 7:
http://audacity.googlecode.com/files/audacity-win-unicode-1.3.12.exe

Make sure you do have Windows 7 drivers, obviously:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=1062

If you connected the Fast Track Pro while Audacity was open, exit Audacity and restart it.

If Fast Track Pro is visible and set as "Default Device" in both the Recording and Playback tabs of "Sound" in the Windows Control Panel, but still not visible in the Devices tab of 1.3.12 Preferences, post the contents of Help > Audio Device Info.