Quantcast

Mute/Unmute All Tracks doesn't work when Play (or Record) is active

Mute/Unmute All Tracks doesn't work when Play (or Record) is active

Peter Sampson-2
testing on W10 on audacity-win-r3651d0a-2.2.0-alpha-07-apr-17

When Playing is active it is perfectly possible to use the Mute and Solo buttons
in each tracks Track Control Panel.

In contrast the two commands:
a)  Tracks > Mute/Unmute > Mute all tracks
b)  Tracks > Mute/Unmute > Unmute all tracks
are both grayed-out and inoperable.

This is inconsistent.

It is made worse by the fact that while Play is in progess the higher levelsubmenu
Tracks > Mute/Unmute is not grayed out - but in only has those two grayed-out
inaccessible commands.

Also applies to Record with Overdub checked on regarding the previously recorded
tracks.

Re: Mute/Unmute All Tracks doesn't work when Play (or Record) is active

It's nothing new, but it perhaps it needs more thought.  I think
it should have the TracksExistFlag, and if it's safe to
Mute/Unmute All Tracks when there is transport, why not?

Gale