Norwegian Audacity translation

Imre Eilertsen
I have been working on a much improved Norwegian translation, since the existing translation had been getting more and more outdated. I've worked it up from ~1400 phrases translated, to 2580. So here it is, hopefully! (My knowledge of how mailing lists work, is currently only so-so.)

Audacity.po (521K) Download Attachment

Re: Norwegian Audacity translation

Thank you. We received your message. You only need to post once.

Do you have the energy to complete the translation?  :=) I noticed
that this would add translation of some new features in 2.1.3.

It will be around two months before final translations are committed for
2.1.3 release.

Gale

Imre Eilertsen wrote

Audacity.po (521K) <http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7575263/0/Audacity.po>

Re: Norwegian Audacity translation

Imre Eilertsen

There are some very heavy terms in the remaining 200 words or so, since I don't have much experience with the high-end sound editing communities, so while I can do an extra effort, I'll be surprised if I can translate more than 100 of the remaining words.

Oh,  and I'm sorry for the double-posting. I've been accustomed to chat places where posts show up immediately. So when I looked at the SourgeForce list-post archive and saw that my first post hadn't shown up yet after an hour or so, I was worried that I had done something of some sort wrong with that one, so I gave it another shot... *sweating smiley*

Den 22/07/2016 18.02, skrev Gale:
Thank you. We received your message. You only need to post once.

Do you have the energy to complete the translation?  :=) I noticed
that this would add translation of some new features in 2.1.3.

It will be around two months before final translations are committed for
2.1.3 release.

Gale

Imre Eilertsen wrote
I have been working on a much improved Norwegian translation, since the
existing translation had been getting more and more outdated. I've
worked it up from ~1400 phrases translated, to 2580. So here it is,
hopefully! (My knowledge of how mailing lists work, is currently only
so-so.)

Re: Norwegian Audacity translation

Any gaps filled in would be appreciated.

If you turn on notes for translators in Poedit (or similar in other
applications) you might find an "i18n-hint" that will give you
some guidance.

Thanks for your efforts.

Gale

&lt;http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7575263/0/Audacity.po&gt;

Re: Norwegian Audacity translation

Imre Eilertsen

Having tried my very best to see which gaps I was able to fill in, and looking up a number of things on Google (most of them successfully), I was able to stretch it to 2,769, but I think I'll call it a day with that, in order to concentrate on other things in my life (My summer vacation is soon over, for instance). So here is the furthermore improved Norwegian translation, and I'll look forward to the next Audacity update.

Greetings from,
Imre Kristoffer Eilertsen

Den 23/07/2016 22.51, skrev Gale Andrews:
[...]

Audacity.po (401K) Download Attachment