Quantcast

Plug-Ins Don't Show Up

TerranceDC
I am running Audacity 2.1.2 on a Mac Powerbook running OS 10.12.1. A hard drive crash recently caused me to have to erase my hard drive, reinstall the operating system, and start anew.

To that end, I downloaded and installed Audacity, having used it prior to the crash. I also downloaded and installed the Nyquist plug-ins I had used before. I installed them in the Applications/Audacity/Plug-Ins folder as the installation instructions said. However, when I started Audacity and tried to use the Effect Manager to enable the plug-ins, they did not appear in the list of available plug-ins.

I've searched for a solution and found one specific to my situation, that suggested that older versions of Audacity stored plug-ins in different locations, which might cause it to stop looking for them in the new location. However, that doesn't appear to be the case, since this is a relatively clean install. deleting and reinstalling the plug-ins did not have any effect.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. If more information is needed, I'll gladly supply it.