Poor sample precision in audacity

eblanca76
Hi, i had to do some editing working on audio files to get an audio CD with a live "exibition": this means no gaps between tracks, and this means each track must have as many samples as an integer multiple of 588 (cd sector capacity).
I thought, with Audacity, this will be not hard! But it was.
I used both stable 1.2.6 and unstable 1.3.5 win32 build of Audacity. With both of them, it was very hard to get desired sample-precision in my audio tracks. Even when i prepared them cutting and editing to get the right sample-length, exporting the tracks resulted in changed length, with no cd-sector precision.
In details: before any saving i move the cursor to the end of the track (i choose to view cursor position as samples) so i get the actual length. When it is a multiple of 588 i export the project and watch the resulting file with a different program (or audacity itself): well, it often is one or two or three samples more or less than what i just saw a few seconds before. Why? Adding or removing a single sample doesn't always work since, when exporting, the resulting file is again the wrong length.
Furthermore, when selecting few samples (1 up to 6) and zooming over them, the "grayed" samples aren't as many as i want, but one more or one less.
So, i think audacity has not reliable sample precision at the moment. I can provide more details to help fixing this issue, if you need.
Thank you.
Elio