Problem with fast track / audacity compatibility under windows 7

Problem with fast track / audacity compatibility under windows 7

HLQVEST
Hi there,

I've been using my fast track usb with audacity under windows XP for a while. Using audacity I usually chose 'fast track 1/2' in the options.. It worked perfectly - no latency, no crackles or anything, sound was awesome in quality etc.

I've just upgraded to windows 7 and started working again with audacity. In the options I can now only choose 'Line 3 (3-M-Audio Fast Track)', and it's a complete mess : the latency is disastrous, and the worst thing is that when I record a mono track I have absolutely no signal. I have to record a stereo track to get a signal, which is only present in the left channel (?!?), and I need to convert the stereo track into a mono one to have a correct mix. I'm a bit disappointed.

Could anyone help me out ? I'm working on a lot of new sounds and need to find some solution as quickly as possible.
Thx in advance,

Sb.