Quantcast

QUICKFIX

James Crook
I'm noticing that the distinction QUICKFIXED/FIXED is causing extra work.

I need QUICKFIXED for tracking difference between actual inroads on
bugs, and fixes to bugs that were not previously on our radar - which
often feels more like treading water.  However, I can do that tracking
with queries on date and bug number instead, e.g. on
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Next_Release

So if QUICKFIXED is proving to be a nuisance, we could treat it as an
experiment which is not needed any more.  Gale's call I think.

If we continue the experiment, I will change 1390, 1340,
1358,1306,1338,1351,1407 which are all FIXED to QUICFIXED, just to
assuage my OCD.

Re: QUICKFIX

QUICKFIXED/FIXED is a minor nuisance to me but I don't really
care that much.

Tracking it with a query that changes once per release would
be more reliable than hoping I'll remember this distinction every
time.

Gale

On 26 January 2017 at 19:04, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm noticing that the distinction QUICKFIXED/FIXED is causing extra work.
>
> I need QUICKFIXED for tracking difference between actual inroads on
> bugs, and fixes to bugs that were not previously on our radar - which
> often feels more like treading water.  However, I can do that tracking
> with queries on date and bug number instead, e.g. on
> http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Next_Release
>
> So if QUICKFIXED is proving to be a nuisance, we could treat it as an
> experiment which is not needed any more.  Gale's call I think.
>
> If we continue the experiment, I will change 1390, 1340,
> 1358,1306,1338,1351,1407 which are all FIXED to QUICFIXED, just to
> assuage my OCD.

Re: QUICKFIX

Vaughan Johnson-4
+1.  seems a good distinction to me.  -- v