Question Urgent

Valerie LoCascio
I just finished a radio interview recorded on Audacity and I sound way louder than the person who dialed in via phone. Can you tell me how to adjust the volume so that it is consistent across the interview?

I am on a tight deadline…so anyone who could answer quickly…that would be great...

My operating system is Mac OS
Audacity 2.1.3

Thanks, Valerie LoCascio
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: Question Urgent

phil-2
On 17/07/17 12:58, Valerie LoCascio wrote:
> I just finished a radio interview recorded on Audacity and I sound way louder than the person who dialed in via phone. Can you tell me how to adjust the volume so that it is consistent across the interview?
>
> I am on a tight deadline…so anyone who could answer quickly…that would be great...

Are they recorded on separate tracks? If so, increase the gain on the
telephone track.

If not, then you can either use the envelope tool to increase the gain on the
telephone bits.

If you've got zero time, you can heavily compress the track. That will bring
the volume of the quieter bits up, but it will probably not sound great around
the transitions.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: Question Urgent

Dave-211
hi
use the compression plugin and fiddle with the values, there is also a
levelling plugin as well.
    THANKYOU DAVE 211

Re: Question Urgent

Jack Hodgson-3
If the builtin leveling doesn't work for you, try the free Levelator app. I use it all the time. Borderline miraculous.

http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

// Jack