Question about (prompt ... )

David R. Sky
Hi,

I'm writing a simple analyze plug-in which displays a message:

(format nil "Selection duration is ~a ~a samples. ~%" len number)

where 'number' is either 'billion', 'million', or nothing (if
samples < 1 million) - this is to use with my screen reader. What
is the code to setf number to display nothing?

When I setf number to nil, the message prints

Selection duration is {samples} nil samples.

I want it to print

Selection duration is {samples} samples.

Thanks

David

Re: Question about (prompt ... )

edgar-rft
Hi David,

the code is two quotation marks with nothing in between like

(setf number "")

tested with Audacity 1.2.3 Nyquist prompt

- edgar

the rest is the transcription of your original request

[hidden email] schrieb am 08.12.05 03:54:09:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a simple analyze plug-in which displays a message:
>
> (format nil "Selection duration is ~a ~a samples. ~%" len number)
>
> where 'number' is either 'billion', 'million', or nothing (if
> samples < 1 million) - this is to use with my screen reader. What
> is the code to setf number to display nothing?
>
> When I setf number to nil, the message prints
>
> Selection duration is {samples} nil samples.
>
> I want it to print
>
> Selection duration is {samples} samples.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

The author of this email does not necessarily endorse the
following advertisements, which are the sole responsibility
of the advertiser:

Re: Question about (prompt ... )

David R. Sky
Hi Edgar,

I just tried that out on 1.2.4, it worked great, thanks very much! :)

Is there a single document on the net which instructs how to use quotation
and other marks, I've seen lots of unfamiliar code especially in
defmacro's.

David

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> the code is two quotation marks with nothing in between like
>
> (setf number "")
>
> tested with Audacity 1.2.3 Nyquist prompt
>
> - edgar

Re: Question about (prompt ... )

edgar-rft
Hi David,

in the German Audacity Forum I have colleted some additional
manuals for example a XLisp Reference Manual where are all
XLisp commands explained in detail:

http://audacity.fuchsi.de/download/edgar/nyquist/nyquist-doc/xlisp/xlisp-ref/index.html

The defmacro command including code examples you can find under

http://audacity.fuchsi.de/download/edgar/nyquist/nyquist-doc/xlisp/xlisp-ref/xlisp-ref-089.html

[hidden email] schrieb am 08.12.05 11:55:23:

> Hi Edgar,
>
> I just tried that out on 1.2.4, it worked great, thanks very much! :)
>
> Is there a single document on the net which instructs how to use quotation
> and other marks, I've seen lots of unfamiliar code especially in
> defmacro's.
>
> David
>
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > the code is two quotation marks with nothing in between like
> >
> > (setf number "")
> >
> > tested with Audacity 1.2.3 Nyquist prompt
> >
> > - edgar

The author of this email does not necessarily endorse the
following advertisements, which are the sole responsibility
of the advertiser:

Re: Question about (prompt ... )

David R. Sky
Hi Edgar,

That's a great extensive reference, thanks! :)

David