Re: Audacity-translation digest, Vol 1 #387 - 7 msgs

Re: Audacity-translation digest, Vol 1 #387 - 7 msgs

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer-4
> On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:00 AM, Christian Brochec wrote:

> > Other thing : my POT files contains more than 20 fuzzy translated =20
> > strings, some of them silly or mistranslated (inverted meaning).
> > Where do they come from ?
>
> I'm not sure.  When we change the order of strings in the code, the =20
> translations sometimes get confused.  But I'm not sure about inverted =20=
>
> meaning - do you think a previous translator made a mistake?  Or is =20
> it just associating the wrong translation with the wrong string?
>
> - Dominic

When updating from .pot files using poEdit, the program will
automatically try to translate the new strings, marking the
trial-translations "fuzzy".  It seems like it just bases this off what
you've done before. I can't remember exactly, but I think I got
something like "Allow clipping" translated to "Don't allow clipping"
(in Norwegian), since the latter was already translated that way and
probably was the most similar string - even though the meaning was
inverted. Or silly.

I'm also wondering a bit about translating "spike width", what have
the other Scandinavian translators used here? "Toppbredde" seemed a
bit vague, but might be okay (maybe "bĂžlgetoppbredde" is better), I
guess it depends on how much context the user sees.

-- Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

Re: Re: Audacity-translation digest, Vol 1 #387 - 7 msgs

Christian Brochec
OK

Yes, I'm using PO Edit.
There is an option on the Catalog menu, that is called "Automatically translate using TM". I never click on it but it's perhaps automatically used. This maybe could be usefull for a large number of strings. But its quality is really poor.

Thank you. I understand better those mistranslations if they are mechnically made.

Christian Brochec

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer a écrit :
[...]

bit vague, but might be okay (maybe "bølgetoppbredde" is better), I

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the JBoss Inc. Get Certified Today * Register for a JBoss Training Course Free Certification Exam for All Training Attendees Through End of 2005 Visit http://www.jboss.com/services/certification for more information _______________________________________________ Audacity-translation mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation