Recording problem

Antreaper
Hey,

I am attempting to record a song w/ Audacity from my laptop. However, when I record, it also records the outside sounds (aka me talking). Is there a way to record the sound straight from the soundcard or speakers? I've tried messing around with the recording devices in Preferences... but to no avail.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Re: Recording problem

rea1high
Are you using a mic as the recording device??
if so i would suggest that you buy a jack to jack cable plug one in to your line out socket and then just loop back to your line in.