Recording using Win 7 and Audacity

Graywolf
I am trying to use Audacity to record cassette books that I have from years ago.

I have tried both computers, and both Audacity and the Windows recorder. Nothing happens.

I have the Line In on the Sound Recording window as the Default Device. On Audacity it shows Line In (Envy24 Family Audio Co as the Device. I have tried recording. And nothing is being recorded that I can tell.

Nothing plays back through the speakers when I hit play. I also show the the Mic is currently unavailable. In the sound recording window on windows.

I noticed that somebody said that Mic is set as the default device in Win 7. And on this computer it does not show anything but mic as the default recorder input.

I do not know where to go from here. I registered here on Audacity. So that I could ask the question. I was trying to get registered on Audacity Wiki. But it will not let me create a account there.

Can anybody here help me get to where I can record.

As things are not. I am using the other computer. I have a connection between the Headset out on my cassette player. (no other outlet) It is connected to the Line in on my computer at this time. I am listening to the player using a split line, as I can't hear anything being recorded otherwise. I have the Audacity recording device set as listed above, and the Playback as my Speakers (Envy24 Family Audio Co With the Line in as the Default Device. But nothing happens when I stop the recording, and hit play. Nor can I hear if anything is being recorded, so I know when to pause. Is that capability available using Audacity. Or can you recommend how I can start recording?

Re: Recording using Win 7 and Audacity

Graywolfs
This site is supposed to be the help site for Audacity, Or is there another means of getting help? Those that have viewed my question have not offered any help. If this is not the site to get problems solved with Audacity. Can somebody direct me to somebody who can.