Rectifier plugin now with dc bias offset compensation

Rectifier plugin now with dc bias offset compensation

edgar-rft
Hello David,

After several hundred crashes I have managed to write a hopefully stable
version of an bias offset compensator for your rectifier plugin.

In dc coupled hifi amplifiers there is a second, smaller amplifier that
takes an output bias offset signal of the main amplifier, produces an
opposite bias offset signal and gives it back to the input so the bias
gets compensated.

The offset compensator in the rectifier does something similar. All
samples of the first five seconds of the rectified audio signal were
added in a single variable that holds at the end the bias offset value.
Then the negative offset value of the variable will be added to the
rectified audio signal and the result is an audio signal symmetrical
to zero. Normalizing with the Nyquist peak function then will work again.

All the details are explained in the source code. You can find the
plugin in the attachment.

Have fun,

- edgar

--
The author of this email does not necessarily endorse the
following advertisements, which are the sole responsibility

Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130

rectimo-3-new.ny (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Rectifier plugin now with dc bias offset compensation

David R. Sky
Thanks Edgar, I thought you meant in your previous msg something that
you'd written before, I shall check this out before posting the plug.

David