SHA-256 on download page.

James Crook
I'm proposing that on our download pages, such as:

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

We put the SHA-256 of the download on the line after each link. We do
have all the checksums on the end of the
http://www.audacityteam.org/download/online-safety-when-downloading/
page, but my view is that hardly anyone will be finding them there.

Re: SHA-256 on download page.

Stevethefiddle
Sounds good.

On 11 March 2017 at 17:19, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm proposing that on our download pages, such as:
>
> http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

and the current link to the checksums could be modified to something
like "Find out about checksums", so that the page retains a link to
the "on-line safety" page. I think it's a good idea to retain a link
to that page from near the "download" links. (I don't have time to do
this now, so please go ahead if you have time James).

Steve

On 3/11/2017 5:32 PM, Steve the Fiddle wrote:

> Sounds good.
>
> On 11 March 2017 at 17:19, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm proposing that on our download pages, such as:
>>
>> http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/
> and the current link to the checksums could be modified to something
> like "Find out about checksums", so that the page retains a link to
> the "on-line safety" page. I think it's a good idea to retain a link
> to that page from near the "download" links. (I don't have time to do
> this now, so please go ahead if you have time James).
>
> Steve
I'll do it as part of releasing.  Current checksums will only be
relevant for a few more days.