Scrub ruler

Paul Licameli
The color of the scrub ruler is now indistinct from the rest.  Was that an intended theme tweak?

Re: Scrub ruler

James Crook
On 7/22/2017 4:58 PM, Paul Licameli wrote:
> The color of the scrub ruler is now indistinct from the rest.  Was that an
> intended theme tweak?
>
> PRL
Ooops!  Good catch.

Fixed at:
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/cc46833125e5df6df10617e7db86eab4946c8be0

Re: Scrub ruler

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Paul Licameli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The color of the scrub ruler is now indistinct from the rest.  Was that an intended theme tweak?

Yes that is the case - BUT what we have lost between the build of 19Jul17 and 22Jul17
is the thin dividing blackline between the ruker and the scrub ruler.

Di you want me to raise a bug for this - it would be P1I'm thinkig as we can't release like this.

Re: Scrub ruler

Bill Wharrie
What am I supposed to see? If Mac is supposed to look the same as Win then I have a grey background for the toolbars instead of white as shown on the main page of the manual. Thus the scrub bar is the same colour as the toolbars. This is with the Classic and Light themes. With Dark and High Contrast the scrub bar is a different colour.

Commit id: f1aa91 of Sat Jul 22 22:55:48 2017 -0400

— Bill

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Bill Wharrie <[hidden email]> wrote:
What am I supposed to see? If Mac is supposed to look the same as Win then I have a grey background for the toolbars instead of white as shown on the main page of the manual. Thus the scrub bar is the same colour as the toolbars. This is with the Classic and Light themes. With Dark and High Contrast the scrub bar is a different colour.

Commit id: f1aa91 of Sat Jul 22 22:55:48 2017 -0400

Yes - a good catch Bill

I now see light-gray Timeline and light gray background for toolbars on W10
with audacity-win-rf1aa916-2.2.0-alpha-23-jul-17

It is, I think, slightly ligher than the Scrub Ruler (the Scrub Bar is different - it is
a toolbar that is hidden by default) but only ever so slightly lighter.  This is different
from the Manual which clearly shows a white/whitish Timeline and toolbars background
extant at the timne James took the screenshot for the front page amazing imagemap.

I confirm the same on Cliff's 22Jul17 Mac build.

The other issue that I have is that hovering over the Scrub Ruler does not give you a
tooltip appropriate to that ruler when there is no audio.  Once there is audio you get s
Scrubbing tip - but I think it would help in the no-audio situation if it showed a tooltip
that said "Scrub Ruler".

Peter.

— Bill

On 2017/07/23, at 6:00 AM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Confirm fixed on W10 audacity-win-rf1aa916-2.2.0-alpha-23-jul-17

Peter

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
OOPs X-posting  :-))

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Paul Licameli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The color of the scrub ruler is now indistinct from the rest.  Was that an intended theme tweak?

Yes that is the case - BUT what we have lost between the build of 19Jul17 and 22Jul17
is the thin dividing blackline between the ruker and the scrub ruler.

Di you want me to raise a bug for this - it would be P1I'm thinkig as we can't release like this.

Re: Scrub ruler

Thanks Bill.

Fixed in
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/commit/a8ba5d567ed3ffe764849791f72a742081285574

Just Light Theme.  I compared the other themes on
http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Themes and they haven't had the
colour drift.  I thought originally it was caused by saving a theme with
blending enabled, but now I think what happened was that I by mistake
transferred the Classic colours (which are similar to the light colours)
over to Light, whilst keeping the Light images.

--James.