Quantcast

Seinberg VST3 SDK available under GPL v3 license

Seinberg VST3 SDK available under GPL v3 license

Stevethefiddle
Seinberg has released version 3.6.7 of their VST SDK for Window, Mac
*AND LINUX*.

License details from their GitHub repository:
https://github.com/steinbergmedia/vst3sdk/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

"This Software Development Kit is licensed under the terms of the
Steinberg VST3 License,
or alternatively under the terms of the General Public License (GPL) Version 3.
You may use the Software Development Kit according to either of these
licenses as it is
most appropriate for your project on a case-by-case basis (commercial or not)."

Re: Seinberg VST3 SDK available under GPL v3 license

Nigel Worsley
They don't seem to have done the same for ASIO, unfortunately.

Nigel Worsley

Re: Seinberg VST3 SDK available under GPL v3 license

So is the main result of this that we could more easily add support
for VST3 format (as opposed to VST2 as now)?

Gale

See: http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/VST-version-3-td7566725.html