Signed RC3s now up on FossHub.

James Crook
The signed release candidates RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3 are now up on FossHub.

https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html

These are the exact same files as the jc13s.
The 'Check Online' message now says "You are using the release candidate
RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3.  It is not ready for production use yet."

If all goes well, these will be released on 17th March.

Re: Signed RC3s now up on FossHub.

Just to confirm I installed RC3 over 2.1.2 on Win XP SP3 OK.
and ran basic recording, saving and exporting OK.

Gale

On 10 March 2017 at 17:48, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The signed release candidates RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3 are now up on FossHub.
>
> https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html
>

> These are the exact same files as the jc13s.
> The 'Check Online' message now says "You are using the release candidate
> RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3.  It is not ready for production use yet."
>
> If all goes well, these will be released on 17th March.

Re: Signed RC3s now up on FossHub.

Peter Sampson-2
Just downloaded RC3 onto the Mac for the use of guests in my hotel in Zermatt.

Runs fine, all effects visible and usable.  Installed auf Deutsch, but
I easily changed that
to English - I note though that you still have to stop and restart
Audacity to get the Device Toolbar contents to change language (IIRC I
thing that is logged on Bugzilla).

No LAME of FFmpeg of course - and no time to try that now (cocktails
and dinner).
I may get a chance to play with that tomorrow,

Cheers,
Peter

On 3/13/17, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just to confirm I installed RC3 over 2.1.2 on Win XP SP3 OK.
> and ran basic recording, saving and exporting OK.
>

> Gale
>

> On 10 March 2017 at 17:48, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The signed release candidates RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3 are now up on
>> FossHub.
>>
>> https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html
>>

>> These are the exact same files as the jc13s.
>> The 'Check Online' message now says "You are using the release candidate
>> RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3.  It is not ready for production use yet."
>>
>> If all goes well, these will be released on 17th March.
>>
>> --James.

Re: Signed RC3s now up on FossHub.

Peter Sampson-2
More RC3 Mac testing

Ok so here in the Zermatt Hotel lobby on the Mac provided for guests use
I managed to install and locate from Audacity both the LAME and FFmpeg
libraries from the ZIPs (following the instructions from the Manual).

So that was Audacity RC3 and both libraries installed on the desktop
(this is an unprivileged guest account).

Exported and then imported both MP3 and AAC files.

So RC3 looking good for a basic unprivileged acccount on Mac.

Peter

On 3/14/17, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just downloaded RC3 onto the Mac for the use of guests in my hotel in
> Zermatt.
>
> Runs fine, all effects visible and usable.  Installed auf Deutsch, but
> I easily changed that
> to English - I note though that you still have to stop and restart
> Audacity to get the Device Toolbar contents to change language (IIRC I
> thing that is logged on Bugzilla).
>
> No LAME of FFmpeg of course - and no time to try that now (cocktails
> and dinner).
> I may get a chance to play with that tomorrow,
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
>
> On 3/13/17, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Just to confirm I installed RC3 over 2.1.2 on Win XP SP3 OK.
>> and ran basic recording, saving and exporting OK.
>>

>> Gale
>>

>> On 10 March 2017 at 17:48, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The signed release candidates RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3 are now up on
>>> FossHub.
>>>
>>> https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html
>>>

>>> These are the exact same files as the jc13s.
>>> The 'Check Online' message now says "You are using the release candidate
>>> RC3 for Audacity 2.1.3.  It is not ready for production use yet."
>>>
>>> If all goes well, these will be released on 17th March.
>>>
>>> --James.

Re: Signed RC3s now up on FossHub.

Robert Hänggi

> More RC3 Mac testing
>
> Ok so here in the Zermatt Hotel lobby on the Mac provided for guests use
> I managed to install and locate from Audacity both the LAME and FFmpeg
> libraries from the ZIPs (following the instructions from the Manual).
>
> So that was Audacity RC3 and both libraries installed on the desktop
> (this is an unprivileged guest account).
>
> Exported and then imported both MP3 and AAC files.
>
> So RC3 looking good for a basic unprivileged acccount on Mac.
>
> Peter

Was this before or after the "Kaffi Pflümli"? ;)
As long as you don't crash our national network...

Have nice holidays Peter.

Cheers
Robert