Signed jc13s

James Crook
I've just sent signed jc13s to Gale, Cliff, Steve, Paul, Bill to get a
sanity test - i.e. did I build and sign right.

If the sanity test is OK, these will become RC3 on
fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html

Am suggesting feedback on these builds here, rather than off-list.

Re: Signed jc13s

On 8 March 2017 at 16:59, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've just sent signed jc13s to Gale, Cliff, Steve, Paul, Bill to get a
> sanity test - i.e. did I build and sign right.
>
> If the sanity test is OK, these will become RC3 on
> fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html
>
> Am suggesting feedback on these builds here, rather than off-list.

Thanks, James.

I assume others will test on Mac.

The Windows ZIP file contents appear correct.

I saw the following on launching the jc13.exe installer on Windows 10:
Inline images 1

I did not (and still do not) see this dialogue when running the rc2 executable.

On clicking the "James Crook" link, it said the digital signature appeared OK.

I installed jc13 over 2.1.2 and otherwise everything seemed OK. The Manual
looks correct.

Re: Signed jc13s

James Crook
I see that too.

It might possibly be related (in some obscure way) to number of times it
has been 'seen in the wild'.
Or equally it might be related to the reputation of the site it was
downloaded from.  jc13 was (private) from DropBox, RC2 was (public) from
FossHub.

I think publisher 'James Crook' being in the warning establishes that it
found the signature at any rate.

--James.

On 3/9/2017 2:47 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:

> On 8 March 2017 at 16:59, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've just sent signed jc13s to Gale, Cliff, Steve, Paul, Bill to get a
>> sanity test - i.e. did I build and sign right.
>>
>> If the sanity test is OK, these will become RC3 on
>> fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html
>>
>> Am suggesting feedback on these builds here, rather than off-list.
> Thanks, James.
>
> I assume others will test on Mac.
>
> The Windows ZIP file contents appear correct.
>
> I saw the following on launching the jc13.exe installer on Windows 10:
> [image: Inline images 1]
>
> I did not (and still do not) see this dialogue when running the rc2
> executable.
>
> On clicking the "James Crook" link, it said the digital signature appeared
> OK.
>
> I installed jc13 over 2.1.2 and otherwise everything seemed OK. The Manual
> looks correct.

Re: Signed jc13s

On Sierra sanity, Cliff wrote:
> All seems sane on Mac Sierra. Tried with all 3 categories of users. Plugins all avaliable including Lame & FFMpeg.  Local manual seems ok.
Thanks Cliff.
--James.

On 3/8/2017 4:59 PM, James Crook wrote:
> I've just sent signed jc13s to Gale, Cliff, Steve, Paul, Bill to get a
> sanity test - i.e. did I build and sign right.
>
> If the sanity test is OK, these will become RC3 on
> fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html
>
> Am suggesting feedback on these builds here, rather than off-list.

Re: Signed jc13s

Stevethefiddle
RC3 builds and installs OK on my main Linux box (Debian stable).
No nasty surprises so far.

Steve