Quantcast

Signing of Mac ZIP of Audacity

James,

I have forgotten if the ZIP of Audacity will be signed on Mac. This will
determine if we still have to advise for that to right-click, open and open
on first launch.

Re: Signing of Mac ZIP of Audacity

James Crook
On 1/8/2017 2:53 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
> James,
>
> I have forgotten if the ZIP of Audacity will be signed on Mac. This will
> determine if we still have to advise for that to right-click, open and open
> on first launch.
>

> Gale
I'll need to look into it.  If it needs signing I will.  The app inside
it will be signed.
What is the reason we distribute a zip?  Is it just to distribute
something without help?

Re: Signing of Mac ZIP of Audacity

James Crook wrote
On 1/8/2017 2:53 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
> James,
>
> I have forgotten if the ZIP of Audacity will be signed on Mac. This will
> determine if we still have to advise for that to right-click, open and open
> on first launch.
>

> Gale
I'll need to look into it.  If it needs signing I will.  The app inside
it will be signed.
What is the reason we distribute a zip?  Is it just to distribute
something without help?
I assume if the app inside is signed then someone extracting the ZIP won't
need right-click Open and Open to launch Audacity, but it would be good to
verify that before RC1 if possible. It inspires more confidence if we can
remove the warnings from the Manual about the right-click trick.

The same warning should then be removed from
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/mac/Install.txt .

Yes the main point of the ZIP is to remove help from it.